Making Sure I've Got Kansas Right

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll be traveling to Emporia, KS, some time this week to move my sister to an apartment there for grad school. I've read the PDF's on the KSAG website at least twice each, so I just want to make sure I've got it covered.

Gunbuster Signs == misdeameanor
No churches
No fairgrounds
...but otherwise the same as Oklahoma.

Two things I am still unsure of....

Is a Chili's or an Applebee's considered a "drinking establishment" under KS state law? I haven't had the time yet to research their drinking establishment requirements.

And is LEO notification required? I probably just overlooked it each time. Out of habit, I will probably notify anyway. I just need to know if that is what is expected or what.

If there is anything that you think I may have forgotten, let me know. I'd hate to get into legal troubles during my biggest and longest test of my truck.

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A good bet for virtually any state's CCW info is to go here http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/kansas.pdf and read. Handgunlaw dot us provides links to individual state's official websites.

The best bet for any state is to read the "official" website. In KS the Attorney General has prime responsibility for things CCW. His pages will have the absolute most current info. Link: tp://www.ksag.org/page/concealed-carry

KS.G36

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Churches must post now.

Unless posted, food and drink places are OK to carry. (No drinking of course)

LEOs generally appreciate you advising them you are licensed and carrying, (Not required by KS law however.) If you are a passenger and aren't being questioned or asked to get out of the car by the LEO, just stay quiet. (Don't complicate the process)

KS CCL licenses show up to LEO when the drivers license is run by dispatch.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A good bet for virtually any state's CCW info is to go here http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/kansas.pdf and read. Handgunlaw dot us provides links to individual state's official websites.

The best bet for any state is to read the "official" website. In KS the Attorney General has prime responsibility for things CCW. His pages will have the absolute most current info. Link: tp://www.ksag.org/page/concealed-carry

Yeah, I had read everything on the KSAG site, just wanted to know if I had missed those two things.

Latest posts

Top Bottom