Man booted from airplane for wearing anti-TSA shirt

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Right....

And if the guy had been a flaming homosexual dressed all in pink and electric blue with feathers and swishing all about and the airline had decided to toss it off the plane would the media's reaction have been the same? Would yours?

It was a T-Shirt. If one is so screwed up they are intimidated by a T-Shirt then it sucks to be them. They can get off the plane.

Jeezus - when did it become a freaking right for people not to have to feel uncomfortable?

Umm, when the law says so? :anyone:

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Were you there? Did you personally witness his behavior when confronted by the gate agent about his poor choice in attire? Just because TSA said he was OK to travel doesn't mean the airline has to accept him. I would almost bet he made a douche bag spectacle of himself in dealing with the gate agent for the airline, fastest way not to get on a plane be loud, argumentative or disorderly.

Want to know why places have dress codes? It's a litmus test to see if you're a douche bag.

I'm already irritated that I am not allowed so much as a pocket knife when I fly I certainly don't want some douche bag with a **** the TSA shirt on my flight that has been spouting off.

Maybe I am in the minority but good job Delta.

^^ This, now I know the end is near, I'm agreeing with BP.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Right....

And if the guy had been a flaming homosexual dressed all in pink and electric blue with feathers and swishing all about and the airline had decided to toss it off the plane would the media's reaction have been the same? Would yours?

It was a T-Shirt. If one is so screwed up they are intimidated by a T-Shirt then it sucks to be them. They can get off the plane.

Jeezus - when did it become a freaking right for people not to have to feel uncomfortable?
You haven't been able to mention the word bomb on an airplane since at least the 1970s. As for the flaming pink and purple gay activist "swishing all over the plane", well he'd get thrown off too. People would complain about it on internet message boards, but the next time he caused a disturbance with his swishing, he'd get thrown off again.

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
He can take it to the supreme court and argue the point until forever....I don't care as long as some amateur comedian wearing a shirt about bombs and terrorism isn't sitting on the plane with me. I get twitchy on planes as it is, I don't Achmed the comedian making jokes about terrorism while I'm sitting there, they don't serve enough little bottles of booze for that kind of nonsense.

Blinocac200sx

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, count me in the "If the TSA had done it, this would be different" camp. Delta has a right to refuse service. They exercised that right. Nothing to see here, move on.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What I find funny is many people on this very board if the subject were guns not tshirts in a private business would be screaming about how wrong it is for the business not to let you exercise your rights. All he was doing was expressing his 1st Amendment rights. He, according to the article, did not make a scene. The TSA saw nothing wrong with the shirt, it was a Delta employee that made a big deal about the thing. Now lets change to private businesses. If this would have happened at Quick Trip or 7/11 and involved a gun everyone here would be petitioning those establishments. So lets say you walk into one of those places and you talk to your neighborhood police officer who you know and knows you carry. He says nothing, then because you dropped a quarter on the ground you bend over and the store employee sees your gun and asks you to leave. It is not quite the same but close. This guy is an a-hat for wearing a shirt that makes fun of the TSA. The TSA had no issue with it, however some power tripping Delta employee with zero sense of humor got offended. Then after that too many over zealous people got involved at what was the most exciting thing to happen to them that week. The guy did nothing wrong and his political speech should be protected.

OK, so let's petition Delta. They couldn't keep their flights on time if you payed them. Oh wait, you do pay them and they still can't do it. I never fly Delta.

Latest posts

Top Bottom