Man Dies After Falling Into Asphalt Silo In SE OKC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's way past time to pray for him. But the family can sure use some praying done in their behalf. To get the body out, I doubt if a grappling hook would do the job for obvious reasons. The only way perhaps is to drain the contents and hope for the best.

RETOKSQUID

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Very sad indeed.

Dad told me of something similar happening to my Grand Father, was buried up to his neck in asphalt when the truck he was behind dumped it's load without checking with anyone. He survived though. 3rd degree over 90% of his body and his ears melted off. This was before the days of workers comp.

RETOKSQUID

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Man I hope he was out when he hit the asphalt and didn't experience the hell of being cooked alive.

Was taking to Dad about this tonight, said they can hold product at temperature for 3 days in those silos, depending upon the weather.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I heard they got the body out. This is just horrible. I want to know how he even fell in in the first place. Did he not have any kind of safety harness? Something is wrong here. May God grant his family comfort.
My thoughts exactly. In todays world, you would be wearing a harness with a tether before going around any opening that one could fall into.
I'm sure the family will pursue legal means if a safety protocol has been ignored. OSHA will give a determination.

Latest posts

Top Bottom