Man Dies After Falling Into Asphalt Silo In SE OKC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GorillaG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They said it was something like 320 degrees inside the silo.
What a horrible way to go.

https://www.news9.com/story/61815fa...ies-after-falling-into-asphalt-silo-in-se-okc
I read a few years back about a guy whose dump truck slid into a pit of hog guts and he drowned, that might be worse. Also last year in Tulsa a guy fell into a vat of acid and died. One of the worst I ever heard was a guy going well over 100mph on the Autobahn in Germany and he struck one of those old school bumper jacks that had like a 3ft long steel shaft. His tire flipped the jack upright and it went through the floorboard and impaled his rectum about two feet deep...and he didnt even get a dinner first or a cigarette afterwords...

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I read a few years back about a guy whose dump truck slid into a pit of hog guts and he drowned, that might be worse. Also last year in Tulsa a guy fell into a vat of acid and died. One of the worst I ever heard was a guy going well over 100mph on the Autobahn in Germany and he struck one of those old school bumper jacks that had like a 3ft long steel shaft. His tire flipped the jack upright and it went through the floorboard and impaled his rectum about two feet deep...and he didnt even get a dinner first or a cigarette afterwords...

I had a confined space training class from one of the FD/rescue/recovery divers that went after the truck in the pit. It was actually an excrement pit.

I can't remember all the specifics, but after about 3 days of trying to retrieve it without entering the pit, they decided to go in and get it, and him. Door was still closed on the cab, but window had been down. His body was not recovered. Dude said best they could figure, he just dissolved, teeth and all.

That's about as awful a way to go as I can imagine. That and falling into an asphalt silo. SOAB.

GorillaG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a confined space training class from one of the FD/rescue/recovery divers that went after the truck in the pit. It was actually an excrement pit.

I can't remember all the specifics, but after about 3 days of trying to retrieve it without entering the pit, they decided to go in and get it, and him. Door was still closed on the cab, but window had been down. His body was not recovered. Dude said best they could figure, he just dissolved, teeth and all.

That's about as awful a way to go as I can imagine. That and falling into an asphalt silo. SOAB.
Doesn't sound as bad as Thanksgiving with my ex in-laws...

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hadn’t thought about it. Wow what a way to off yourself.
While Bill, and Crooked Hillary were Co- Governors of Arkansas there were some really bazaar suicides! One that I can remember was a guy that was outspoken about how crooked these two were, CUT HIS OWN HEAD OFF, CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT?

Latest posts

Top Bottom