Man faces 3 years for defending himself in his home with unlicensed gun in Manhattan

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skycitadel

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
This stuff is what is coming to a place near you if our gun grabbing peoples of America win. Defend yourself and go to jail.

“
A Manhattan millionaire faces three years in jail for drawing an unlicensed gun on a burglar inside his home.

George Bardwil, who owns linen company Bardwil Home, was in his E Street apartment when an intruder came into his home in January, The Daily Mail reports.

Mr. Bardwil, 60, threatened the intruder with a loaded .40 cal Sig Sauer. The man fled and Mr. Bardwil called the police.

After showing the cops footage from his home surveillance cameras, they arrested him under suspicions of owning an illegal firearm.

The businessman’s lawyer, Michael Bachner, told the New York Post that the gun is legally registered to the defendant’s bodyguard.

“There’s no dispute that George was being burglarized,” Mr. Bachner said. “George had been the victim of multiple burglaries, and the DA’s office concedes that it was used in self defense

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news...il-pulling-unlicensed-gun-burg/#ixzz2NdgA1H1z

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you live in NYC you know this is illegal. Smart enough to make a million dollars but not smart enough to show the cops footage of you breaking the law. In NYC he could be in way more trouble than the guy who broke in.

Reason 7,198,640,128,765,276,391,625 not to live in NY much less NYC!!!

skycitadel

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is a foreshadow of how the statist politicians will take away our guns and eventually freedom.

They are trying to pass national UBC with record keeping(essentially registration). Registration leads to confiscation. There are lots of people who feel strongly about never registering their firearms who have said the statists can take them from their cold dead hands.

While door to door confiscation is possible its more likely that over the long term they will just take our "illegal" firearms at any interaction with a LEO such as traffic stops, DHS checkpoints, justified defensive shoots, nosy neighbors, anti gun family complaints and so on. Once you are caught with an "illegal" firearm you will be branded for life and will probably spend time in jail.

Just say NO to UBC.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When we visited my nephew and his fiance in Kingston, NY last fall, everyone wanted to take a day trip to NYC. I told them to have fun, but I'd stay at the house and read a book. I refuse to set foot in that place so long as they deny constitutional rights to Americans. The way it's going, we might be meeting in Pittsburgh, PA next time! :(

Latest posts

Top Bottom