Man kills wife. Says it's because of Vietnam.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So if a crime is committed and there is a personal problem, the guy gets off to maybe do it again. The victim paid a price...
they do these things with no control or recollection that they are doing it. not sure you can hold people responsible for things they can't control

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’m as skeptical as the jury was

But- maybe the dude needs (needed- probably too late now) a real sleep study. I hate to speculate on someone else’s trauma but tracking brain waves during sleep and maybe even witnessing the ‘old boy sleepwalking might have helped
I am a Vietnam Era veteran. NOT a Vietnam veteran. All those guys I met as a young Air Force guy were pretty majorly screwed up. And I've taken Ambien, and done stuff I don't remember doing, and some things that I do remember, after getting woken up in the middle of the night after having taken Ambien. It doesn't, apparently, do that to everyone, but does do it to some people. Wife takes the stuff, and it doesn't do things like that to her. I stopped taking Ambien after spending several hours in an ambulance with them trying to talk me into letting them take me to the hospital one night. I do vaguely remember it. One of the ladies from church doing much of the talking, and me sitting there in my underwear telling everyone I was absolutely not going to the hospital. I was scaring everyone, apparently.

Wife has similar problems, though not as bad as mine, when taking Lunesta. I don't, but it doesn't really help me get to sleep. I do occasionally use Trazodone. It helps me get to sleep, and doesn't make me crazy, like Ambien does, but it also doesn't help me go back to sleep.

I can believe a guy with those
kinds of nightmares killing someone while he's trapped between the dreams and the waking world.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Whatever you think. These people committed a heinous crime and get by with it due to a history of problems. We all have problems and somehow we haven't killed anyone. No, I dont' need Ambien, thank you.
2q4fwk.jpg

I am a Vietnam Era veteran. NOT a Vietnam veteran. All those guys I met as a young Air Force guy were pretty majorly screwed up. And I've taken Ambien, and done stuff I don't remember doing, and some things that I do remember, after getting woken up in the middle of the night after having taken Ambien. It doesn't, apparently, do that to everyone, but does do it to some people. Wife takes the stuff, and it doesn't do things like that to her. I stopped taking Ambien after spending several hours in an ambulance with them trying to talk me into letting them take me to the hospital one night. I do vaguely remember it. One of the ladies from church doing much of the talking, and me sitting there in my underwear telling everyone I was absolutely not going to the hospital. I was scaring everyone, apparently.

Wife has similar problems, though not as bad as mine, when taking Lunesta. I don't, but it doesn't really help me get to sleep. I do occasionally use Trazodone. It helps me get to sleep, and doesn't make me crazy, like Ambien does, but it also doesn't help me go back to sleep.

I can believe a guy with those
kinds of nightmares killing someone while he's trapped between the dreams and the waking world.
See I can take Lunesta with no issues at all. It works for me without all the insane side-effects Ambien has on me.

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My wife was taking it in her mid-20’s. We lived in a 3rd floor apartment south of Houston near NASA. I woke up one night and she wasn’t next to me. Well, in a one bedroom apartment it doesn’t take long to figure out she isn’t in the dwelling. So, I look out to the parking lot to see if her car is there.
There she is. She’s in her car, no lights on, backed into the lane of travel for the complex. I go down, open the door and she’s asleep. I woke her up, got her out of the car and pulled it back into the slot. Then I had to get her upstairs and back to bed.
Was a crazy night. I didn’t sleep too well for awhile after that. We weren’t in a necessarily bad area, but there were certainly criminals around who could have taken advantage of her.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've taken Ambien and won't take it again. I does act on the mind and the pharmaceutical company failed to fully disclose and be transparent on the drug. It is a real drug. And when I speak of people paying for their crimes, I am referring primarily to those who attack innocents as in NYC for no reason other than hatred which they claim to be from something that happened 200 plus years ago. The current rage and thing to do is hit a female and recently a female was struck, her jaw fractured, lost three teeth and now has her jaw wired and eats through a straw.

HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Whatever you think. These people committed a heinous crime and get by with it due to a history of problems. We all have problems and somehow we haven't killed anyone. No, I dont' need Ambien, thank you.
Have you killed very many people as a civilian, police officer or soldier? You know, the good types of murder?

Latest posts

Top Bottom