Mar-a-Lago can't be a home?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, I'm seeing a bunch in the news recently stating how Trump signed an agreement with the city of Palm Beach back in the day that prevented it from being a permanent residence. Club members can only stay 21 nights per year, 7 days at a time max.

It's my understanding that Trump used that as a permanent address for voting purposes. So if it can't be used as a residence, wouldn't that make registering there voter fraud since it's not really a permanent address/residence?

davek

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm shocked, SHOCKED, that you would suggest that Donald Trump would fail to live up to a contractual agreement or commit some kind of fraud!

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't see any voter fraud issue, I bet all the dead people that voted didn't have the ballot send to the permanent residen at the cemetery.
The case could be made for two issues. First would be that he tried to register to vote in Florida using the White House address (which is IIRC a felony because the form for registration says you can only submit a FL address), and then the second part, which is more my curiosity here, is that it's my understanding that registering an address to vote which is NOT a permanent residence is a felony as well. So since Mar-a-Lago can't be a permanent residence, is that not voter fraud?

cktad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The case could be made for two issues. First would be that he tried to register to vote in Florida using the White House address (which is IIRC a felony because the form for registration says you can only submit a FL address), and then the second part, which is more my curiosity here, is that it's my understanding that registering an address to vote which is NOT a permanent residence is a felony as well. So since Mar-a-Lago can't be a permanent residence, is that not voter fraud?
He was a former democrat so he was probably registered in Florida and NY and voted twice. Just like former Tulsa mayor Kathy Taylor did (and got caught).

Old habits die hard.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Trump has private quarters there. Club members can only stay 21 nights per year, 7 days at a time max.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Whether you like it or not, it's a valid question, so what's your real take?
Good question. Different states have different laws. Some only require ‘x’ amount of mail or bills be sent there to meet requirements. Don’t know what Florida law is but with snowbunnies from all over the world congregating in FL, I’d suspect the laws might be lax in that regard.
BTW, this is laughable. You’re worried about a possible few fraudulent votes.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom