Marine shot 3 times - plugs holes with fingers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

longrangepistol

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
While some would consider this gentleman's actions to be "badass" I would caution to think otherwise. The absolute best weapon for concealed carry is what's between your ears. If "Craigslist", "quiet apartment complex" and "not in a well populated plaza" doesn't raise any suspicion then I don't know what would. The media reported that Lt. Trenker has seven (7) children and in his interview (link posted) that he was selling a gold chain valued at $1199.99 for $595.00 for his fiancé. He admitted that "he almost died over a necklace" .

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2079107/Marine-Karl-Trenker-shot-Craigslist-sale-turned-heist-plugged-holes-fingers-told-kids-hed-fine.html#ixzz1hn5Nt1aE

If there's one thing I tell client's when asked about concealed carry, what, how, and where to use I tell them to remember the words in the Kenny Rogers' song The Gambler. "You've got to know when to hold 'em, Know when to fold 'em, Know when to walk away, Know when to run". Alive and out cash, jewelry, etc. beats near death, a horrible scare to your children/family to prove you're invincible is not worth it.

My prayers go out to this man's family and to him for a speedy recovery. Even if he was carrying concealed and he knew he was going into a "quiet apartment complex" he should have just kept going.

I hope no-one on this forum ever has to draw their weapon in self defense. If you do you had better do it proficiently, in defense of yourself and or your family and without reservation. With one final caveat, NEVER put yourself into a position requiring you to do so, use your best concealed weapon God gave you between your ears.

LRP

jc5420

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Whenever I sell, buy or trade items on craigslist, I always meet in a busy location and have atleast 1 person with me carrying. I always tell someone where I am going what I am doing.

If you don't take percausions when dealing with a stranger from craigslist then your some kind of sicko looking to get raped, beatup or killed.

Glad the man and his family are ok.

oden_sparks

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Marine or not, showing up to a Craig's List arranged FTF to sell gold, in Miami, with your kids in the car is a dumbass move. Leaving your kids in the car to chase the thieves is borderline child endangerment. He's lucky his kid's weren't hurt.

That's the kind of stuff PFCs do, not LTCs.....glad he'll pull through.

As a Marine I agree whole heartedly. Bad move Lt Col. A PFC would have at least had back-up, they always travel in fire teams.

JKClay

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Alive and out cash, jewelry, etc. beats near death, a horrible scare to your children/family to prove you're invincible is not worth it.

LRP

I agree with you on everything except this...he almost died getting two worthless thugs off the street, not just recovering jewelry. This thugs have probably done this before and would have problably done it again...there's no telling how many lives this man saved. You are right the average person shouldn't do something like this but it is obvious this badass superman could. With the exception of having the children in the car, I don't see anything wrong with he did and he deserves to be called a hero.

Latest posts

Top Bottom