Mark Wahlberg - Felon with a gun

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CODE_3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I might have missed it in the story, but if he was given a deferred sentence and didn't get in trouble while he was on probation, then is not convicted felon. If he was given a suspended sentence, then he is a convicted felon .

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What's it really matter if a felon possesses a firearm? Those are some of the stupidest laws on the books.

Even so, there are exceptions available if possession and use are part of your job and you haven't been legally prohibited from attaining that job. Those exceptions are used at several police departments across the country where the officer can carry on the job, but he cannot take his duty gear home.

mons meg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes, it's stupid, but when you have high profile celebrities who are passionately against "gun violence" but somehow seem to be immune to the laws on the books, you can still appreciate the utter hypocrisy.

See also Sean Penn. He would in theory be barred from possession under Lautenberg, yet owns 60-ish guns that's he having melted down into art because his girlfriend thought it would be good. Several outlets have reported he pleaded to misdemeanor domestic battery when he was married to Madonna all those years ago.

CODE_3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What's it really matter if a felon possesses a firearm? Those are some of the stupidest laws on the books.

Even so, there are exceptions available if possession and use are part of your job and you haven't been legally prohibited from attaining that job. Those exceptions are used at several police departments across the country where the officer can carry on the job, but he cannot take his duty gear home.

I've only heard of that when you have a VPO against you as an officer. You cannot be a police officer if you are a convicted felon.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've only heard of that when you have a VPO against you as an officer. You cannot be a police officer if you are a convicted felon.

Just because most (if not all) OK PD's have that policy doesn't mean that other PD's don't have a contrary policy. And it also doesn't mean that special exceptions aren't made in this state for specialized positions.

Hump66

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You do realize that movie guns don't shoot bullets? I doubt they'd qualify as a firearm. He's a good actor who makes kick ass action movies. Something off of CTD isn't going to change my mind about watching them, especially after their "increased" support of the 2A after Sandy Hook. Wankers.

Latest posts

Top Bottom