Mask Watch: report sightings here

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kirk1978

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have only been told "You have to wear a mask" one time by a business and it was in a pawn shop in Midwest City. I only wear it at work because its required sometimes.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd just go in without my mask anyway. I had one greeter at WM ask me once, "Do you have a mask?" I responded, "Why do I need to wear a mask if I've been vaccinated?" "I don't know. I'm just doing my job". I just kept walking into the store. I haven't been vaccinated, but if you don't know if I have been, then you shouldn't be hassling me.

I just had to quote this because I have lots of family in El Dorado lol. Small world.

I'm a pilot and frequently have to go to Mexico for my job. One evening, the other pilot and I were at dinner. This was just after they started recommending double masking and when Cruz was getting blasted for going to Mexico. The other pilot and I were laughing about the new recommendation, when I suddenly saw a woman seated behind him who was double masked (it was an open air restaurant). The ironic part was not only was she double masked (meaning she was probably a Democrat), but that...gasp...she was in Mexico along with the 50 other Americans seated around us, while the Democrats back home were tearing into Cruz for doing the same thing.

Same thing. Had the door greeter at WalMart ask me if needed a mask last month. I replied “No, I got one in my pocket.” She gave me a big grin and said “Have a nice day.”

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just don't see the whole "to mask or not to mask" thing as a real issue. Want to wear a mask? Power to ya brother. Don't want to wear a mask? Okay; so don't wear it then.

IMG_2491.jpg

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We still wear masks most the time while out. Don’t wear them while I’m shooting or eating. They don’t bother me, but if I were to infect and kill my dad or friends that would. We are around a number of immune suppressed people, so if it helps 1% that’s good enough for me.

The whole assuming political party based on a person wearing a mask is beyond dumb. I know too many people that must get out, but have organ transplants, are in chemo, etc. They wear double masks and some even face shields, after being vaccinated. Remember those people when you look at people in masks with scorn.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We still wear masks most the time while out. Don’t wear them while I’m shooting or eating. They don’t bother me, but if I were to infect and kill my dad or friends that would. We are around a number of immune suppressed people, so if it helps 1% that’s good enough for me.

The whole assuming political party based on a person wearing a mask is beyond dumb. I know too many people that must get out, but have organ transplants, are in chemo, etc. They wear double masks and some even face shields, after being vaccinated. Remember those people when you look at people in masks with scorn.

I try to keep that perspective when I see folks wearing masks, but when they are young, healthy-looking and are out in the open in a national park with no one within yards of them, I really begin to wonder about them.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I try to keep that perspective when I see folks wearing masks, but when they are young, healthy-looking and are out in the open in a national park with no one within yards of them, I really begin to wonder about them.
Like our beautiful 27 fit friend in chemo for colon cancer. She doesn’t look the part.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's hoping we can 1. de-politicize masks and 2. wear them when it makes sense e.g. when we have a cold

Meanwhile we are in a weird transition zone.

Latest posts

Top Bottom