Mask's for Coronavirus

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One guy has a youtube video that proves that masks don't even filter deodorant aerosols.
The next guy offers testimony that oxygen and CO2 molecules don't transport effectively through masks.

:screwy:

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Please folks get your koolaid and set to the back of the ra
So let’s believe some random dude with a meaningless deodorant spray test and ignore the many, many studies showing the effectiveness of mask, all masks whether N95, surgical or other, that show decreases transmission rates.

These "studies" are a lot like political polls. Not hard to set them up to achieve the desired result. Just like the study that came out and said that the Covid-19 virus could stay suspended in the air for up to 2 hours. Talking head scientists and doctors pumped that up. Now everybody gotta wear a mask.

They forgot to say that result was achieved inside a laboratory in a stale air environment. Kinda important to mention that fact. Cause now you got scared people afraid to got outside for a walk in the wilderness by themselves cause the virus is hanging in the air waiting to kill them.

We may look stupid on the outside but we know how to use common sense and science together. N95 and higher masks work. But they aren't needed in every single circumstance outside of your abode.

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So let’s believe some random dude with a meaningless deodorant spray test and ignore the many, many studies showing the effectiveness of mask, all masks whether N95, surgical or other, that show decreases transmission rates.

Would those be epidemiological studies, or tightly controlled clinical and lab studies?
I think the random dude test pretty effectively showed that moisture droplets get through at least several home made type masks.

1911Sooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here some pretty surprising and crazy stats about coronavirus in Oklhahoma...

Population of OK: 4,000,000
Number of cases of Covid: 3800
Number of cases requiring hospitalization: 734
Number of deaths listed as covid 19: 238

Percentage of population with Covid: .095
Percentage of population without: 99.9
Percentage of population positive for Covid and hospitalized: .018
Percentage of population who died from covid: .00585

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Would those be epidemiological studies, or tightly controlled clinical and lab studies?
I think the random dude test pretty effectively showed that moisture droplets get through at least several home made type masks.

It's a bit like needing your .45, but all you have with you is your .380. Better than nothing...

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's a bit like needing your .45, but all you have with you is your .380. Better than nothing...

I get that, and I understand the everyone-should-wear-a-mask school of thought; I was that way at first.
But there seems to be so much evidence that, to me, shows that the science is really loose at this point, the experts are hardly that, and fear seems to be guiding people more than anything.

It looks like people are grasping for the thing that makes them feel most safe, at the guidance of questionable sources, and shaming people who don't agree with them.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
WOW, a mask that can filter molecules of air and CO2.
Don't tell me it can't filter complex virus proteins and RNA fragments then.

Where’d you hear that story, Leviticus?

Well, against my better judgement, especially so with regards to Iggy, I could always say that "Google" can be your friend. It was easy to find more than one story of the incident.

Fox29 News - Wherever that Is

ABC News

Let me know if those two sources aren't enough for you. There were several other news sources carrying the story.

Latest posts

Top Bottom