Mask's for Coronavirus

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, against my better judgement, especially so with regards to Iggy, I could always say that "Google" can be your friend. It was easy to find more than one story of the incident.

Fox29 News - Wherever that Is

ABC News

Let me know if those two sources aren't enough for you. There were several other news sources carrying the story.
Since you quoted me originally, I will point out that my post specifically mentioned surgical masks, NOT N95.

That guy wasn't suffering hypoxia.
Lots of doctors and nurses wear N95 masks every day, all day, all over the country.
Industrial workers too.

Maybe that guy was wearing a N100 mask. :cool:

Last edited:

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ll just leave this here. You guys can read and decide for yourself or continue to be an uninformed “expert”.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1HLrm0pqBN_5bdyysOeoOBX4pt4oFDBhsC_jpblXpNtQ/preview#

I read the article.
So, no randomized controlled trials, but studies of "something that is really happening"; a "natural experiment". But the article states that "Natural experiments are scientifically imperfect, because there is no direct control group so we can’t be sure that any change is due to the masks."
The conclusion is that we should all wear masks.

So you have correlation but no proof of causation. Strong correlation, I admit.

I also admit to being skeptical about scientific modeling in general, and health science more so.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That guy wasn't suffering hypoxia.
Lots of doctors and nurses wear N95 masks every day, all day, all over the country.
Industrial workers too.

Maybe that guy was wearing a N100 mask. :cool:
This diagnosis was made by cops, though.
Cops who almost immediately backed off said diagnosis.
Are you questioning the medical judgement of our boys in blue?

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You might wanna read the studies and commentaries on the link you posted. From April 1st, 2020:

"Masks for all not based on sound data"

https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/news-per...ntary-masks-all-covid-19-not-based-sound-data
If you read all of the articles in that link, including the very sound rebuttal of the one you listed, and you come to the conclusion that the article you list is correct and that we shouldn’t be wearing masks, you’re probably already on a ventilator. Not because of Covid but because you are too stupid to breathe.

Latest posts

Top Bottom