Mathis Brothers question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fordguy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I refuse to go there. My wife bought our sofa there, without me knowing about it.
I will pay more somewhere else before I ever go there.
I'll sit on a 5 gallon bucket before I get anything there.
THey won't let you just look at stuff, looking over your shoulder at every step.
That was about 8 years ago....Bob Mills, same thing, I have heard they've changed, but I still
Won't go there either.

Porter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They don't negotiate on furniture that is on the showroom floor.

I had a different experience with this. It's amazing what they will do when you offer a price and then walk towards the door if they decline. The salesman practically tackled my wife and I to keep us from leaving and agreed to the deal.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you worked for commission only, you'd be a vulture or shark too. I'd live under a bridge and collect beer cans before I'd ever work at a place like that.

Cinaet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's hard to just browse at Mathis Brothers. The instant you walk into the store a salesman starts bird-dogging you. Even if you ask to be left alone they follow you from a distance.

10Seconds

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am not a fan, but they have cornered the market pretty much here in Tulsa. It can actually be cheaper to buy in Dallas and ship it here as others mentioned.

I don't mind looking there, but really don't like supporting them with my money.

Latest posts

Top Bottom