Maybe this will slow down the poaching

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Seems the low dollar amount for poaching fines, may possibly go up
At the last wildlife commision meeting:
"The Commission also heard a presentation from Jim Edwards, assistant director of operations for the Wildlife Department, on a resolution to adopt a wildlife restitution schedule that assigns a recommended dollar value to a number of wildlife species that violators could be held responsible for in the event one of the animals is killed illegally"

crg1372

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thats good news. Hopefully they will drastically increase the fines. Also a 3 years suspension of hunting and fishing priviledges being suspended would be nice.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Other states have this already. I read about one guy that shot an elk out of season. I don't remember the exact price he had to pay for the bull, but it was into the five figure range.:eek2:

Wormydog1724

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know some kids that got caught and they lost their guns and their hunting licenses for 7 years and almost lost their truck because they were spotlighting out of it. Also a fine of a thousand a piece I think.

That's enough reason for me not to poach.

Latest posts

Top Bottom