Mech Tech upper for Glock

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some of you guys are really good with interpreting the NFA laws so here goes- I ordered a Mech Tech CCU (Carbine Conversion Unit) for my Glock 20 so I could create a 10mm carbine. There are discussions all over the internet on whether the Glock frame can legally go from pistol to carbine and back to pistol. The BATFE has stated that this is ok with this ruling: http://www.atf.gov/regulations-rulin...ing-2011-4.pdf

Mech Tech has been selling these things for years so I figure they have had many discussions with the BATFE and vice versa but I'd rather be sure than take their word for it.

My primary concern is that I ordered the telescopic stock with my Mech Tech unit and though the barrel is 16" the total length collapsed is 24". Do I need to get the total length to a minimum of 26" or am I ok as is?

Thanks for any input!

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They(the company) claim that it is legal. That you measure with the stock extended. I would think this is BS unless you could not fire it collapsed. It also says different states may measure differently.
It would seem to me if you were really short or a kid was shooting it collapsed and a LEO stopped you and slapped a tape measure on it you would have problems.
I don't keep up with a lot of the recent rulings but I'd put a permanent muzzle device or a really thick buttpad on it just to be safe.
This and the fact it doesn't come factory threaded has kept me from buying one. Mainly I don't want to pay another $100 to have it threaded when they could do it while machining the barrel.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Overall measurement for collapsable stocked firearms is measured with the stock fully extended AFAIK. That's the dimension they want on your NFA paperwork and I believe it's BATFE standard for long guns.

FYI see my signature line.

Latest posts

Top Bottom