Member's job types?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Members' job types?

• Retail/Sales/Office Work

Votes: 24 11.0%
  • Tradesman (electrician, heat/AC, etc)

Votes: 41 18.7%
  • Oil/Gas Industry/Power Plant

Votes: 34 15.5%
  • Office professional (lawyer, CPA, etc)

Votes: 25 11.4%
  • Self Employed

Votes: 34 15.5%
  • Retired

Votes: 28 12.8%
  • Student

Votes: 7 3.2%
  • Computer/IT

Votes: 38 17.4%
  • Military

Votes: 18 8.2%
  • Medical

Votes: 6 2.7%

• Total voters

soonerwings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dude, your killin' me - some jobs are so much fun they don't require pay. Burning holes in the sky is one of them. I like to tell my wife that I work on the ground so I can play in the sky - I usually get a big eye roll. When asked why I didn't fly jets for the AF. my only honest answer is "because I was a stupid kid and passed on the opportunity" - I'd give my left nut to go back in time and kick my own ass for not doing that.

Just remember, greasy side down.

To be fair, I'm a Nav. While fun, it isn't nearly as fun as sittin at the controls. It's a lot more fun than sitting at a desk, but the higher one progresses in rank the more he/she can expect to be at a desk. I finally decided that if I were going to sit at a desk for the majority of my working career, then I'd damn well better enjoy my time there. Hence the reserves. I get to keep the flying part and ditch the rest. Law school is a means to the end of enjoying my time when chained to a desk.

Redriverboy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Self employed farmer? Not sure it's the exact term but I've built up everything in the past 3 years on my own 48 head of cattle 47 goats and so many pheasant quail and chickens I quit counting it makes a livin but the wife's full time nursing helps out a lot too lol one day I dream of owning a ranch I don't have to work on but don't we all lol

Lizard

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went through 3 pages and didn't see it, so how about "skilled technician"? We aren't tradesmen, not office people. All of us have college and have to have various courses and training to be able to be licensed ast Water Treatment Operators.

Latest posts

Top Bottom