Method of Execution

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fro

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If it was up to me we would have public hangings. Since it’s not up to me, I don’t know why we don’t use nitrogen asphyxiation. Quick and painless.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

davek

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Imagining this from the point of view of those that conduct the execution I don't think participating in something that would cause the condemned to be dispatched in some grotesque way that would be traumatic to both the condemned and the executioner(s) is acceptable.
Nitrogen gas asphyxiation using an exit bag seems like the most efficient and humane way to execute someone using a proven technology with little chance of the process being bungled in some awful way by the executioner(s).

-Pjackso

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I thought the idea of using a nitrogen generator to fill the sealed room was a great idea.

Let the system pump the room full of 100% nitrogen - displacing the oxygen, as the oxygen level drops they fall asleep - and eventually dies.
After x time-frame, vent to atmosphere - and everything is fine.
Air is already 78% nitrogen, so no toxic chemicals/drugs/or lead is required. :)

Agreed in principal. There is too many KNOWN ways for an execution to occur - even painlessly.
No excuse.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Four pages and no one mentioned the guillotine? The blade takes the head so fast that its probably pain free. It uses no electricity and is renewable. Buy it once and never pay for it again.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If cared for a good piece of rope lasts a long time.

Just.......

clint.jpg

Last edited:

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
i agree, but i'm guessing the 'any physician can come up with a plan' part might not mean that plan is Constitutional (in the sense of avoiding cruel and unusual punishment).

Absolutely it could!

It's a simple matter... they talk about this shite in the news like it's feckin' rocket science. It's not. Not even close, not a bit. Like I said, given a cabinet full of standard meds kept in EVERY hospital in America, there's always something to put people to sleep (how many of ya'll have had surgery??) and any one of a ton of other drugs will achieve the other goal. Plain old potassium chloride, of course, will work.

Ethan N

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The prohibition on cruel and unusual punishment was not because the founders were squeamish about inflicting pain on convicts, by the way. It’s an important constitutional protection for the innocent as much as for the guilty. Please go read on the subject if you don’t know what I’m talking about.

I as much as anyone would like to know that people who do things like Lockett did experience a slow, painful, fear-filled death, but I restrain my desire for retribution in the interest of justice.

Last edited:

Ethan N

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Absolutely it could!

It's a simple matter... they talk about this shite in the news like it's feckin' rocket science. It's not. Not even close, not a bit. Like I said, given a cabinet full of standard meds kept in EVERY hospital in America, there's always something to put people to sleep (how many of ya'll have had surgery??) and any one of a ton of other drugs will achieve the other goal. Plain old potassium chloride, of course, will work.
And I wouldn’t have a problem with it if a medical professional was administering lethal injection. Unfortunately that’s not what happens in Oklahoma.

“It never occurred to me when we set this up that we’d have complete idiots administering the drugs.”
– Dr. Jay Chapman, former Oklahoma Chief Medical Examiner and creator of the lethal injection protocol

Ethan N

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Four pages and no one mentioned the guillotine? The blade takes the head so fast that its probably pain free. It uses no electricity and is renewable. Buy it once and never pay for it again.
There is supposedly some evidence that suggests that a decapitated person remains conscious for some time after the…separation.

Latest posts

Top Bottom