Method of Execution

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is supposedly some evidence that suggests that a decapitated person remains conscious for some time after the…separation.

From my understanding, their consciousness is there regardless of how they die. Basically, I think it is a case that the brain just hasn't died from lack of oxygen yet, but it may only be minutes.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There is supposedly some evidence that suggests that a decapitated person remains conscious for some time after the…separation.

Even so, it gives them those last few moments to make peace with themselves before they pass. Its not like their death was a shock (considering how long it takes from conviction to execution). With that quick of a separation I doubt there is enough time to feel any pain, so they are not suffering. Even if that was the case, put them under general anesthesia then decapitate them.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Man that brings up a whole different conversation...letting death row inmates sit on death row for years...even decades.
I think swift justice should coincide with a fair and speedy trial.

Ethan N

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Man that brings up a whole different conversation...letting death row inmates sit on death row for years...even decades.
I think swift justice should coincide with a fair and speedy trial.
Due process is kind of important, and another constitutional right. Appeals can take time, especially with courts clogged with victimless drug possession cases. Unless someone confessed to a capital offense and hasn’t recanted, I want it to take as long as it needs to to make sure we got it right before they’re executed. There have been too many people exonerated while on death row to handle it any other way. And a lot of them were put there in times when investigatory standards, forensic techniques, etc. had even more critical flaws than they have now. Remember bite mark analysis? Complete sham “science” used to lock up tons of people, many of who are still in prison today, even though we now know bite mark analysis doesn’t work, even a little bit (accuracy is something like 3%).

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You can "what if" everything to death...

you certainly can. Only this 'what if' isn't a hypothetical. There are real cases where someone sentenced to death was shown to be innocent and only come to light years (or decades) after the trial. Some people's definition of 'speedy' would have had this person executed long before the miscarriage of justice came to light.

What if, in our desire to streamline capital punishment, we kill an innocent person...

Yeah, that is one hell of a 'what if' for someone.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom