Midway

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What is a Midway.

Asking as I just crawled out from under my rock.
Biggest naval battle of WW2, Japan lost 3 carriers and we lost one. Stopped the Japanese advance in the pacific, from Midway on we were advancing toward the Japanese mainland cleaning house on the way. Big reason we won was our industrial might, we could build ships, airplanes and tanks faster than anyone else in the world. Some of the numbers for that period are simply phenomenal.

ira41magfan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That 2000 Pearl Harbor was more for a love story than a war movie, I didn't like it either.

The new Midway will have technology in its favor yet the older Midway had a host of great actors and Woody Harrelson was the only actor I recognized in the previews for the new movie.

That being said , I'm looking forward to seeing it as well as the new Terminator and the last installment of Star Wars....been waiting a long time for episode 9.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know of NONE of these movies coming out.
Have not heard of any of them as I have not watched local TV in many months.
Well except for old black and white shows that are on when the wife has the TV on.
Commercials and news. None of that, they seem to get it all wrong.. not worth turning it on.

But now I know. Probably a movie.

Latest posts

Top Bottom