Midwest City police seek men who burst into wrong apartment

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maxim240sx

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The guys that kicked in the door, are lucky that the guy who lived there did not have a weapon. These guys brandished firearms and held the people hostage.

I think if it was Bounty Hunters that they should be held accountable. They do not have the right to kick in just anyones door, especially if a fugitive does not live there.

Did you read the story? The guy OPENED the door to them, they didn't "kick it in". I'm not 110% on the law, but my understanding is that a fugitive recovery agent can come into your residence w/o a warrant IF they have complete knowledge that the person is there.

AdvantageR1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well obviously they did not have complete knowledge that the "felon" was there. I have no problem with law enforcement being held to a Probable Cause standard, but for instances where you are entering someone's residence why are the "Bounty Hunters" not held to the same standard? If they believe a felon is in a house, they should have to wait for them to exit or call the local law enforcement and have them obtain a warrant to search for the subject.

I have seen the videos on Fox 25 about the local group of "Bounty Hunters".

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I'm sick over this.

Impersonating a police officer beyond all doubt. What they are doing is impersonating beyond all question. That is EXACTLY what it means. They dress like LEO, wear LEO like badges, duty belts, and drive a car dressed up to look like LE. AND, they are doing a job that is similar to LE.

Not only that, but you know they aren't "in it just for justice" like they said in their video, if they're taping themselves all the time and putting it on youtube.

Either you are a LEO, and must abide by LEO rules, or civilian and abide by civilian rules. If it's not that way now, it should be.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Either you are a LEO, and must abide by LEO rules, or civilian and abide by civilian rules. If it's not that way now, it should be.

I agree, if someone started kicking my door in they would have a problem on their hands. You could just imagine how they would flip shyt if the same thing happened to their wife and kids.

Latest posts

Top Bottom