Mike Rowe's (dirty jobs) letter to Romney...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sanjuro893

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's awesome! This was my favorite part of the letter: "I always thought there something ill-fated about the promise of three million “shovel ready jobs” made to a society that no longer encourages people to pick up a shovel."

okiebryan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's awesome! This was my favorite part of the letter: "I always thought there something ill-fated about the promise of three million “shovel ready jobs” made to a society that no longer encourages people to pick up a shovel."

So out of this entire well written and very non partisan letter, the part that caught your attention was the only sentence that was a mild dig on the current President?

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Our overemphasis on everyone getting a college degree ties into the sense of entitlement that is crippling us. All honest work is honorable.

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
He'd make a better choice than anyone running under either ticket. Even if the current presidential wannabe responds and plays up to it he won't do anything about the subject. It's simply not a cause that boils voter blood and politicians only care about what makes voters clap and dance like monkeys. This country isn't going to change until they are forced into it, politics is about saying what it takes to get into, and stay in, power. Occasionally a president comes along who really wants to make things better but the opposite party will block him any way they can because making this country better is hard and often unpopular with half the voters so opposing party members aren't willing to agree even if it's in their own best interest. If it's a good idea and the "other guys" try to implement it they will derail it any way possible so they can do it themselves once they've regained power but it just never happens and in the meantime the country suffers. It's all a stupid game, and we the people, love the show.

sanjuro893

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So out of this entire well written and very non partisan letter, the part that caught your attention was the only sentence that was a mild dig on the current President?

Um.... actually I didn't take that sentence as a mild dig on the current president. I took it as summing up the current mentality of government solutions (both sides) that end up being ineffectual on a society that no longer encourages people to do any manual labor or skilled labor jobs. In a nutshell, that they're out of touch.......
but hey, if the only sentence to catch my attention WAS a mild dig on the current president, what of it?

Latest posts

Top Bottom