military rifles

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nazi and German are not the same thing, and the difference should not be taken lightly.

Both SS and NKVD committed some of the worst crimes against humanity and have lost family members to both. With that said, I do not think that it should be glamoured or valued over it's face value. It's important to remember the history - but for me the line between historical piece and "yall, I got me a jew-killer" is just too fine. To collect something you have to have some kind of connection or admiration about the subject - and Nazis deserve neither.

Despite all the Stalin's atrocities - Mosin Nagant represents to me a common man fighting for his country against foreign aggressor, and even more so with Finn examples.

So, why would YOU want to own an SS weapon.
http://www.collectorsweekly.com/articles/why-would-anyone-collect-nazi/

Why would I??? Because of the history is why. WWII is a subject i am interested in. I'm not trying to bash on you because of your personal decision not to own a nazi rifle. I've just only heard it once before on another forum. To each their own. I have however owned yugo SKS's and mausers with "kill marks" in the stock and crosses carved into them. I've also had type 99 arisakas and everything inbetween.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd own an SS weapon (and any other artifacts for that matter) in a heartbeat; I too am very interested in history, and though Germany was a foreign aggressor - the overwhelming majority of those young Germans were fighting for their countries, just like all the young men from all the nations involved. There are too many complexities to just write them off as "murderers" and "aggressors". They didn't start it - their government did. I've done too much study on the subject, and learned too much about it, and actually see Stalin as worse than Hitler - and if you study the behavior of the Red Army as they advanced towards Germany, you'll have a new appreciation for the brutality of those "common men".

Give me an authentic K98; and if it happens to be an SS veteran, all the better.

mblaney

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree with most of what cjjtulsa wrote. However I would make a distinction between the Waffen SS and the Totenkopfverbande SS (camp guards). I personally
would not want to own a Death's head marked K98K that I knew was issued to a camp guard.

147 (J P Sauer) marked 1939 K98K (top)
[Broken External Image]

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yup, Nazis were not bad - they were complex!
I need to get me SS K98 - hopefully it's this one!
ai54.tinypic.com_2z7ehj9.gif

been

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i don't know whats wrong with them unless they are the last ditch ones because those were made very poorly.jap rifles are usually inexpensive and even though i will never like the round it shoots i will still get one for my collection

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What's wrong with "one of those Jap rifles"?

i don't know whats wrong with them unless they are the last ditch ones because those were made very poorly.jap rifles are usually inexpensive and even though i will never like the round it shoots i will still get one for my collection

I believe he's talking from an ideological perspective, not mechanical.

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
See mblaney's post - he gets it.

I agree with most of what cjjtulsa wrote.

Did you just referred me to a post that simply agreed with you ... bit of catch 22 there ain't it.

Since you claim to be a history buff - go ahead and educate me how SS was just fighting for their country - it was not part of the army, it was volunteer armed part of Nazi party, they were the violent extremist of the Nazi ideology, thay pledged to obey Hitler and only Hitler. Go ahead - throw some knowledge at me.

Koshinn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Btw, "Jap" is a derogatory term. Many/most people of Japanese ancestry take offense to it. Brings back memories of American "internment" camps of Japanese-Americans and racism that followed them, including the returning members of the 442nd regiment... the most decorated regiment in US Army history, made up almost entirely of Japanese-Americans.

You can't really say that "Jap" refers to only the Imperial Japanese of WWII because Jap is short for Japanese. It refers to the ethnicity as a whole.

Latest posts

Top Bottom