Milt Sparks, GGRRRRRR!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hawgman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I ordered a holster from them on June 1st. Was told max delivery would be 6 months. OK, it’s Milt Sparks, I know how it is. That would have put delivery the last week of November. Of course that has come and gone…no holster. Just called them and now they estimate mid-January!! May as well tell myself that means end of January. That’ll be EIGHT MONTHS!!! Yet their sight still says delivery of no more than 6.
So, anybody out there ordered since June, don’t get your hopes up.
Thanks for letting me vent. And yes, any sympathy posts will be very appreciated.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, I've got a $250 order from them coming sometime in Jan?? I just order it and forget. Luckily I have more than a few to carry with. :D

EFsDad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not to twist a thorn in your side, but I ordered my 2nd one in April (Thanks to GMThunder for helping a brother decide) and got it in 5 months. Good luck and it is worth the wait.

Hawgman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess I’m just disappointed. They have this massive name. People slobber all over their stuff. They’ve been in the business a long time. Their website leaves the impression they are professionals that know what they’re doing. Production time in big bold letters. Regular updates as to when items are being worked on. Real warm and fuzzy, reassuring stuff. Then they exceed their own “estimate” by, so far, 30%. Thirty Percent (so far)! I do that a couple times to my boss and I’m on the unemployment line. Being off by 30% is no longer an estimate; it’s a wild guess. And then they’re totally non-committal about the new “estimate”! And the update posted 2 weeks ago gives no hint they are behind one and a half to two months. They’re still telling people they will have their holster in 6 months. I guess they’re still in business because A.) They make a quality product, B.) No one seems to think any of this is unacceptable, even to the point of admiring it all. I can’t even wrap my mind around that one. Quite bizarre.
I’m no stranger to waiting for a holster. This year I waited 5 months for a holster from another maker. Fine. That was the estimate and the maker made good on that. I guess I just expected more accuracy and honesty from such a highly revered company.
One last little thought; calling the customer/sending a letter to let them know they were way off on the “estimated” delivery time might be time consuming, but it would show a little class. But it really doesn’t matter. They fill hundreds, if not thousands of orders a year (doesn’t sound custom to me) so a single person doesn’t worry them too much. In the future I’d rather deal with a company (and there’s a ton out there) that not only has quality but knows how to handle their business. Even if it means I wind up paying more.
I’m getting myself all worked up again….peace out.

Michael Brown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The boys in Boise produce top notch gunleather. It's worth the wait. ;)

+1.

They may not be #1 in customer service or timeliness but they make the best product out there IMO.

If you're in a hurry for a Sparks product, there are a few for sale at some of the major retailers for popular products like Glocks and 1911's.

Michael Brown

Latest posts

Top Bottom