Milt Sparks, GGRRRRRR!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
+1.

They may not be #1 in customer service or timeliness but they make the best product out there IMO.

If you're in a hurry for a Sparks product, there are a few for sale at some of the major retailers for popular products like Glocks and 1911's.

Michael Brown

It's a shame we didn't all stock up on Uncle Lou's stuff before he passed, huh? :cry3:

Burk Cornelius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No one seems to think any of this is unacceptable, even to the point of admiring it all. I can’t even wrap my mind around that one. Quite bizarre.

I have never been able to grasp this concept. It makes no sense to me to wait 6 months (8 months) for any holster. I know they are nice but thay aren't THAT nice. There are too many other makers out there that can get their products to you in a timely manner.

Yes, some things are worth the wait but just because there is a wait, doesn't neccesarliy mean that it is worth said wait.

:twocents:

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have never been able to grasp this concept. It makes no sense to me to wait 6 months (8 months) for any holster. I know they are nice but thay aren't THAT nice. There are too many other makers out there that can get their products to you in a timely manner.

Yes, some things are worth the wait but just because there is a wait, doesn't neccesarliy mean that it is worth said wait.

:twocents:

I understanding what your saying, but have you ever owned a Milt Sparks holster?

They're the cat's ass! :mosh:

Burk Cornelius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I understanding what your saying, but have you ever owned a Milt Sparks holster?

They're the cat's ass! :mosh:

I will admit that I have only owned two. An old Summer Special which is a great holster for my 1911 but I also bought it used and didn't wait 8 months for it. The Versa Max II I owned was nice, don't get me wrong but I didn't order it new either. I now use a UBG Canute and am just as happy.

That being said, I really am not ragging on Milt Sparks, they are some of the best holsters made. In a free market, I just can't bring myself to wait 6-8 months for something that I can't get pretty close to without any wait.

BC

Burk Cornelius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I haven't had any bad experience and don't want my responses to be misunderstood as dissatisfaction of any kind with Milt Sparks.

My comments are more about wait times in general, not MS specific.

BC

Michael Brown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I will admit that I have only owned two. An old Summer Special which is a great holster for my 1911 but I also bought it used and didn't wait 8 months for it. The Versa Max II I owned was nice, don't get me wrong but I didn't order it new either. I now use a UBG Canute and am just as happy.

That being said, I really am not ragging on Milt Sparks, they are some of the best holsters made. In a free market, I just can't bring myself to wait 6-8 months for something that I can't get pretty close to without any wait.

BC

If I could find a holster that I felt was the equal of the SS2, I would buy it.

Many holsters CARRY the gun as well as the SS2 and are as comfortable (if that is your only criteria which it is for many) but I haven't found any that move with the body (very important for vehicular deployment) and resist grappling as well (even more important) as the SS2.

Not to mention the SS2 is available for 1911's and Glocks without any wait from Brownell's.

Michael Brown

P97

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a lot of different makes of holsters, for different guns, and for just occasional carry there are a lot that will work. For every day carry and comfort I haven't been able to beat the Milt Spark Holsters. I have two VM2HS holsters for different guns that I use all the time. I like the Horsehide for repelling sweat in the summertime.

Latest posts

Top Bottom