MK262 Load

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hk33

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I use TAC powder. I get really good results with near max loads. I'll post the load later this evening when I get home to look at my book.
I'm shooting the 77gr in a1/7 twist 16" barrel and the faster I get them to go the better the accuracy. I think TAC has the best velocity without unreasonable pressure.

strawdog

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks in advance, I have also heard really good things about TAC. I may have to pick some up next time im at H&H. Ill be pushing these loads out of a 1:7 18" Mk12 Mod1 Clone, so i may manage a hair more FPS, but nothing to turn a head at. If you could give me your starting and max load Id like to work up slowly as always.

Strawdog

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
AA 2520 is the speed king for heavies, and you can come pretty close to the 2800 fps of Mk 262 without undue pressure. As for the round it'sself they use a canister grade powder from St. Marks and it is fairly dirty compaired to AA2520. KurtM

strawdog

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh no worries I am going to drop it down and work it up checking my brass for pressure signs. Anyone else have any loads that mimic the mk262. I'm going to try some load using TAC and AA2520.

Latest posts

Top Bottom