Modern Cell Phones and HD Scenarios

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I was thinking about this the other day:

You or your loved one is home and you are awakened by someone kicking in a door/ breaking a window, etc. So the first thing you do is grab your gun, the next thing you do is secure loved ones, the next you do is grab the phone and call the police. Or have the wife/husband call the police while you grab loved ones...whatever. While you are on a modern cell phone the screen lights up, after a delay, the screen goes black but if you pull it away from your face it lights up again and well...this would be real bad in an HD situation with someone potentially dangerous in your home. If your child was under the bed or something and the phone kept lighting up, well that would be bad.

I was thinking, there is probably a way to disable the screen backlight, it might be smart to have a mode dedicated to emergency situations where having your phone light up at in oportune moments would be bad. Maybe have a "safety mode" or similar.

Just something I thought about the other day and figured I would share. Feel free to chime in and tell me its a stupid idea, or you've already thought of it and done it on your and your family members phones.

68mustang

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My thinking is, I don't think you'd use it. Because you wouldn't practice it in day to day life. In a high stress situation like that you would be more worried about securing a firearm and your loved ones.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is the approach of "deal with it first, then get on the horn" the legal "best" response? Not antagonizing, I'm asking. I always thought to grab the firearm first for my own safety and that of the others who are in the house that are supposed to be there, then the next thing to do is make the call.

From what little posts are above it sounds like you are sweeping the house, making sure it is safe, and then calling and reporting it after the fact. Not a "Burglary in progress" call but a "Someone just attempted to break in/broke into my house" call.

I am of the frame of mind that the best thing to do is get as far as you need to to secure loved ones. After that, hold up in a defensive position and shoot if you have to. Not be the aggressor (sort of, I know they are in YOUR house so that makes them the aggressor to begin with)

Latest posts

Top Bottom