Anybody have a cell phone tower on your property?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OkieJoe72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you have a cell phone tower on your property, I’d like to get some input. Any information would be appreciated ranging from contract terms, land access, health concerns, or anything else. I plan on contacting a lawyer, but I’m just looking for general input right now. Thanks

garytx

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rates and terms vary greatly based on location. In the Dallas metro area, prices are higher due to the lack of available land.

Terms length here have been 5 years in length with an automatic renewal and small documented increase in term rate at renewal. Our local school district has two towers on school property. Both are the shorter in-city towers with no lights. One looks like a grey cylinder poking up from the ground. But in the future, the tower operator can and will hang external antennas on the tower.

Aside from the permanent structure that will likely be on your property forever, determine how the site will be accessed. They will need 24/7 access. Don't expect free phone service, the tower operators are different than Verizon, AT&T, etc..

OkieJoe72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rates and terms vary greatly based on location. In the Dallas metro area, prices are higher due to the lack of available land.

Terms length here have been 5 years in length with an automatic renewal and small documented increase in term rate at renewal. Our local school district has two towers on school property. Both are the shorter in-city towers with no lights. One looks like a grey cylinder poking up from the ground. But in the future, the tower operator can and will hang external antennas on the tower.

Aside from the permanent structure that will likely be on your property forever, determine how the site will be accessed. They will need 24/7 access. Don't expect free phone service, the tower operators are different than Verizon, AT&T, etc..
Thank you for the info

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Years ago they offered us and we told them to pound sand. They wanted a small part of a city lot.
Then we found you couldn't build on the lot as long as tower was there. Making it useless. They also wanted24/7 access.
Too many conditions, too little money.
It would be different if it was a 10x20 spot a on a hundred acres I guess

Bahick71

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It all varies by the carrier, and the tower company. They do want 24hr access, but you can limit
that to an access road. They want it close to utility power, with in reason. I have a tower on my
property in NW OK. I got some surface damages when they built. They have there own gate
and a fenced area, including the access road. Mine is a 30 year lease with a yearly review for
the monthly payment cost. At the end of the 30 years, there is a possibility that they can buy
out the location and own the land. I was paid $13,000 when they built it. I started out getting
$890/month I now get $1005/month. I am 12 years into having it on my property. They have to
maintain inside there area, like mow and weed eat, and clean up trash. The devil is in the details,
negotiate everything up front. It will probably not be changed later. Get a lawyer that is used
to dealing with this stuff. There are companys that do it for you, but they take a big chunk of
the money, and or a % of the property.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Years ago they offered us and we told them to pound sand. They wanted a small part of a city lot.
Then we found you couldn't build on the lot as long as tower was there. Making it useless. They also wanted24/7 access.
Too many conditions, too little money.
It would be different if it was a 10x20 spot a on a hundred acres I guess
I told them for a million dollars sure.
I’ld look into EMF pollution, microwave pollution, and potential health concerns. IMO
A true concern.

Latest posts

Top Bottom