More stupid pigs.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You got it right there retrieverman you removed the blood.

If you soak or work the cut meat by hand and remove the blood you will eliminate the gaminess people speak of.

I have done this many time for friends and my wife that HATE deer meat.

Take a back strap piece of meat that you just cut off the killed deer and toss it in the skillet,, thin like making a thick piece of breakfast bacon. salt and pepper .
The dark red piece of meat will be gamy as they say.

Now slice another piece just like it and work it under running water like cleaning a dish rag out.. In a minute or so the meat will be tan colored instead of dark red.
Now cook it the same way... it will taste like store meat.

Anyone that wishes to try it cam PM me and come over for the experiment.

I have got a dozen people that hated deer meat to now enjoy it. One friend grew up on it ,, was about all he ever ate and did not like it then.
But being around me and eating some of my deer he had to ask what seasonings I put on it to take the awful flavor out.
I told him it was clean water. I gave him a backstrap and showed him how to do it.

He has teenagers at home and was going to share with them if it turned out good.. He sliced it all up soaked it all and kept working it and changing the water until the water was clear.
Fried some and ate it... Fried more and more and ate the entire backstrap without sharing.
He said he meant to share it but it was just sooo good ,, he said maybe next time.

Now all the soaking in the world has not removed the pissy from 250+ pound male hogs that i have killed and immediately cleaned. It can get some of it out but it is still there.. If I do not tell people they never notice it..But my pallet can detect it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom