More tax dollars wasted

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Subsonic

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It is my understanding that the guys in the 180th IN failed their rotation training, had their chain of command relieved and now have to be retrained so they can run convoy security in Kuwait. That would suck being an Infantryman and failing your rotation to have to sit in Kuwait for six months while the rest of your Brigade spends a year long deployment in Afghanistan. Those guys are never going to live that one down when they all get back.

therubberduck

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
It is my understanding that the guys in the 180th IN failed their rotation training, had their chain of command relieved and now have to be retrained so they can run convoy security in Kuwait. That would suck being an Infantryman and failing your rotation to have to sit in Kuwait for six months while the rest of your Brigade spends a year long deployment in Afghanistan. Those guys are never going to live that one down when they all get back.

I don't believe that is correct. I believe they were retasked due to their size and Squadron mission. While they will be based in Kuwait they will conduct some operations in Iraq. Also their chain of command is still intact.

Comte DeLoach

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Someone has dropped the ball again and money is being wasted, there are still Oklahoma guardsmen sitting on their hands at camp Shelby with nowhere to go. Most of the units from the 45th have shipped out but there are still many troops just sitting there past the day they were to ship out. I think the news needs to corner a congressman and ask them why the soldiers are not being put to good use.
Why would a congressman, who is not in the chain of command know anything? Military is hurry up and wait. Fact of life.

Ready in Peace and War!

New to the site!
Reaction score
No one in the 180th was relieved, nor was there any failures or re-training, period. And these Soldiers in question are memebers of the 180th Cavalry not the Infantry. This bloggers lack of knowledge concerning a simple fact should be taken into context when deciding wheather the rest of his comments are factual. You can rest assured that they are indeed an act of fiction. The Oklahoma Warriors of the 1st Squadron of the 180th Cavalry Regiment are fully trained and fully prepared for their deployment, where ever the President of the United States sends them. As a Unit in the US Military, one does not get to choose their destination nor when they go. Their job is just to be prepared when their Nation calls. These Warriors were and are indeed prepared, actually their Torch Party had already arrived In-Theater when the 180th received their change of mission. For further info concerning this; please look at Fox News and do a search for "45th Inafntry". As a Soldier in the greatest organization in the Military of the United States, I realize change does happen, and that I can not change it. I can only ensure that my Soldiers and myself are prepared to kick ass when we get there. I will leave you with the Motto of the 180th Cavalry Regiment. "Ready in War or Peace"

Last edited:

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No one in the 180th was relieved, nor was there any failures or re-training, period. And these Soldiers in question are memebers of the 180th Cavalry not the Infantry. This bloggers lack of knowledge concerning a simple fact should be taken into context when deciding wheather the rest of his comments are factual. You can rest assured that they are indeed an act of fiction. The Oklahoma Warriors of the 1st Squadron of the 180th Cavalry Regiment are fully trained and fully prepared for their deployment, where ever the President of the United States sends them. As a Unit in the US Military, one does not get to choose their destination nor when they go. Their job is just to be prepared when their Nation calls. These Warriors were and are indeed prepared, actually their Torch Party had already arrived In-Theater when the 180th received their change of mission. For further info concerning this; please look at Fox News and do a search for "45th Inafntry". As a Soldier in the greatest organization in the Military of the United States, I realize change does happen, and that I can not change it. I can only ensure that my Soldiers and myself are prepared to kick ass when we get there. I will leave you with the Motto of the 180th Cavalry Regiment. "Ready in War or Peace"

OWNS Thread

Last edited:

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Another true believer in the Cav sunshine treatment heard from. Beyond that, it would be best if I restrain myself except to note the basic military truth previously pointed out: Hurry and wait is a way of life, get used to it.

Cav sunshine treatment = "If you ain't Cav, you ain't s***."

ByrdC130

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Because national gaurd answers to the state, not the fed

Unless activated by Federal Order and on Title 10 Orders, then your a federal asset.

As the situations change in theater, needs change as well. When these guys got in the long process of spooling up to blow up widgets in Kalamazooistan three months ago, today it was declared that all the widgets have been blown up, don't want to send the ###th Regiment there anymore, the job is done. Hey we could use them in Smellysockistan, lot's of widgets there need blown up. So a whole new logistics plan, including rerouting of supplies, where to bed them down, transportation to Smellysockistan, clearance to enter Smellysickistan and such, take time to redo. Now I'm not a loggie, just a simple guy that has waited and still waits now and then.

Subsonic

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I'm sure that's it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom