mossberg 88 with 18.5 improvised barrel?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nastymossberg

Marksman
Reaction score
Ok this is the second time I've asked this question but left out that the barrel was improvised. Can you shoot slugs through a improvised 18.5" mossberg barrel? I've been told that if I do it will likely blow up in my face cause the barrel gets smaller towards the end. or will damage the barrel towards the end of barrel. No rifling and no choke. some say yes and some say no. I would like to shoot slugs but don't wanna end up in the hospital.:ooh2:

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes you can shoot slugs through an "Improved" barrel all day long. I would find it very strange to see an 18.5" barrel in anything but Cylinder unless it had screw in chokes. I have fou nd over the yerars that in general a modified barrel shoots slugs about the best, and I have run over 30 cases of slugs through My light modified barrel with absolutely no trouble. YOU ARE FINE! KurtM

Big-Tex

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've shot slugs through a modified. When we hog gun, I run a slug then 4 buck shot. If I was shooting strictly slugs I would run a imp. cyl. choke.

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You can run SLUGS through Just about any choke, It MIGHT start to crack a thin factory barrel if it was a full choke and you shot a TON of slugs, but any thing from Cylinder to modified you can run slugs untill you shoulder falls off and you won't hurt the gun, or you...unless you have a bad shoulder...and you won't end up in the hospital unless put the "tube part" against your shoulder, commonly called the muzzle!

Latest posts

Top Bottom