Motor Cycle hoslters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MLR

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
What have you bikers used to carry with? I carry a full size 1911 in a Sparks SSII IWB holster but would like input on shoulder holsters for 1911's too.

Michael

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
With a shoulder holster,you have to either keep your jacket on or have an appropriate cover garmint when you arrive at your destination.Also make sure you can comfortably "acquire" the weapon.If you don't have long enough arms,this can be difficult.They're also slow to draw from compared to strong side carry of any kind.

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
A lot depends on what kind of bike you ride.Sportbike riders have a much harder time carrying/concealing than cruiser/dual sport riders do.

StanN

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I carry my 1911 in a IWB Don Hume holster and 2 extra mags on my offside hip. Conceals easily under my vest or jacket. Just like everything else, you just need the right cover. I agree with the others, I don't like keeping my pistol anywhere else other than on my hip. If they steal my HD Ultra, I don't want them getting my Kimber Ultra as well.

Just what I do anyway.

Nanotech9

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
for motorcycle riding, the best way to go is small. Keltec P3AT or similar .380, of a Smith J-frame. Keep it in your front right pocket. I've also easily carried the P3AT on my hip under my shirt. Just make sure your jacket is long enough to keep the shirt from blowing up.

On the BMW sometimes it goes in either the jacket inside pocket, or the tank bag. When i get off, it easily transfers to the inside jacket pocket. I just lean up to the bag (fairly high tank) and transfer it - nobody ever notices.

If all else fails, the bag gets transferred to the rear top bag thats LOCKED on the bike, and locks closed. Its a hard bag so i don't worry much about it. I always try to keep the bike within visual range though.

The thinner the gun, the more easily concealed under a jacket, or even in the front pocket.

MLR

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Well It looks like I am doing things right with my SSII IWB holster for my 1911. I had hoped someone with experience using a shoulder holster might chime in to though.

Michael

dutchwrangler

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Because I ride a bike constantly, this was one of the reasons I opted for getting the Ruger LCP. Fits into the front jean pocket or in colder weather the inside pocket of my riding jacket.

Latest posts

Top Bottom