Motorhome advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ithrowicecubes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here she is! We finally settled on a 27’ Forest River Sunseeker. It’s on an Ford E450 chassis with all the bells and whistles we wanted, and we can carry way more than we’ll ever need to carry. We take delivery tomorrow afternoon.

Attachments

• 145FE1C7-0935-4168-BB34-B39EB5BABE5F.jpeg
    145FE1C7-0935-4168-BB34-B39EB5BABE5F.jpeg
    73 KB · Views: 128

stroker-c10

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So, I"m watching this thread closely also. Your situation sounds interesting. We've considered doing the same thing. I have a couple of questions for you, if you don't mind:

2. How do you get your mail, being gone an extended time? Put on vacation hold? Forward? I know most everything these days can be automatically paid monthly, etc.

I am unfamiliar with RVs and such but just wanted to expound on the option that Terry and Dennis mentioned. I worked at a UPS store/Mailboxes Etc all through high school and on most holidays in college. We had a TON of customers that did what you guys are doing. All we basically needed was a deposit or CC number and would forward your mail wherever you were that week/month. Depending on the store, you can even ask them to call you before forwarding to help filter through your mail, so that you weren't paying to ship junk mail that would be thrown away. Just to note though, these are boxes through private stores, so you could receive mail/packages from places that require a physical address. I wouldn't waste your time getting a PO Box.

harley128

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am unfamiliar with RVs and such but just wanted to expound on the option that Terry and Dennis mentioned. I worked at a UPS store/Mailboxes Etc all through high school and on most holidays in college. We had a TON of customers that did what you guys are doing. All we basically needed was a deposit or CC number and would forward your mail wherever you were that week/month. Depending on the store, you can even ask them to call you before forwarding to help filter through your mail, so that you weren't paying to ship junk mail that would be thrown away. Just to note though, these are boxes through private stores, so you could receive mail/packages from places that require a physical address. I wouldn't waste your time getting a PO Box.
good to know thx

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got it home. Driving on the interstate in all the wind yesterday was a real treat. :faint:
Now I just have to come up with a name for it.

View attachment 165030
When I pull my 5th wheel in high winds, I leave the black, gray, and freshwater tanks full for the added low weight. You sacrifice mileage but it does seem to help.

Latest posts

Top Bottom