Movie gun glitches

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For quite a while, my running comments on wrong guns or dumb comments about guns (captions saying "cocks trigger") drove my wife nuts. However, she has finally develooped an interest in this subject.

We recently re-watched the Manchurian Candidate. There was a two piece "Soviet sniper rifle" which was really a WW II Type 99-2 Arisaka paratrooper rifle. Here's a link that shows all the weapons used in the movie: http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Manchurian_Candidate,_The_(1962)

It has always interested me to see how much extreme detail often goes into getting things right in movies, only to use some totally inappropriate firearm.

Someone once did a parody in which a welder was completely panning "Flashdance" because the welding was done wrong. I guess I may be related to that guy . . .

<edit> A few years ago there was a short lived TV series that I can't remember the name of. However, the first episode showed the discovery of a 1950s fallout shelter used by a Soviet spy and then sealed up for nearly 50 years. One of the items they found, and threw on a table in a very dismissive manner, was a Makarov pistol. Only problem was, it was a commercial model with an adjustable sight that was not available until the early 90s. As if a Soviet spy in the '50s would bother to bring in a pistol when he could buy one anywhere with no questions asked. Call me picky.

Gebrown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Now that I've learned more about guns, I notice in movies when there is little to no recoil. I don't mention it though, don't want to bring the movie down for the rest of the family. But I do notice.

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
One of the main reasons I can't get into the whole "walking dead" show - both my wife and my daughter love this show BTW, is because most of the gun's rarely if ever recoil. Ruins the rest of the show. Heck, I can even get past the whole lame Zombie thing. . .no recoil on the guns kills the show.

They won't allow me to sit on the couch while they watch because I just can't keep my mouth shut.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Kevin Costner's 15 shot revolver at the beginning of the shoot out bugs a little, great movie though.

[video=youtube_share;lq3zjTmVLbM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lq3zjTmVLbM[/video]

jmike314

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Was watching "The Killing" a couple weeks ago and a crook acquired the officers sidearm ( a glock ) and the points it at the back of her head as you hear him cock the hammer back.

And of course he decocks it when he take it back down.

I also like how the ladies in "Strike Back" can use a full auto rifle and hit anything anywhere from the hip. At least the guys shoulder the rifle and use the sights.

Good stuff.

Latest posts

Top Bottom