Movie gun glitches

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am the worst about picking out faults in movies lol, it drives everyone crazy. However, ever since I found IMFDB (internet movie firearms data base) whenever I'm watching a movie and a gun is used, I instantly grab my tablet and look up the movie. They show all the guns used in the movie, the type of gun and it's details and information about it's use in the movie. Now I don't get bunged up about all mistakes because I'm busy looking them up on IMFDB, it's a great website if you've never checked it out before.

SlammerG_89

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The ones that get me are the infinite ammo in almost all guns, when they do a close up of a guy shooting and the gun jams yet they continue to fire, and guns that don't have hammers making the hammer cock sound.

okietool

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like it that lever action rifles or pump shot guns never seem to have a round in the chamber until just before the fire fight starts. And they never eject a spent shell when they jack that first one in.

Kevin Costner's 15 shot revolver at the beginning of the shoot out bugs a little, great movie though.

[video=youtube_share;lq3zjTmVLbM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lq3zjTmVLbM[/video]

Maybe he had this

www.gunslot.com_files_gunslot_imagecache_page_images_58594.jpg

http://www.gunslot.com/pictures/rar...97pUenbJ8ejkAWcoYGQAw&ved=0CDsQ9QEwAg&dur=826

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Kevin Costner's 15 shot revolver at the beginning of the shoot out bugs a little, great movie though.

[video=youtube_share;lq3zjTmVLbM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lq3zjTmVLbM[/video]
I love this movie. But that part always makes me laugh. There is another scene right after that where I think it is Robert Duval in a building with very thin walls and there is a dude walking by the building and he shoots the guy with a shot gun and it blows the guy across the alley into another building. It was very cool but not realistic at all. I just bought the back to the future bluray box set a couple of weeks ago and on the special features it shows the making of the movie in a few scenes. It shows a scene from part 2 where Marty first goes back to 1985 only the alternate 85 where BIff controls everything. When he goes to Mr. Stricklands front porch and he comes up behind him and cocks his 12 guage. Then in a moment a car drives by peppering his house with bullets. Well, during the making the guns clearly weren't real. Especially Stricklands shotgun. He cocked it again to shoot the car driving by and then fired a shot. There was no recoil whatsoever and the gun didn't even look real. You could tell it was fake. They added in the muzzle flash and the sound of the gun firing. But of course in the actually movie it looks more realistic. Another thing that kills me is when bad guys start pointing guns at people you always here this noise of all their guns loading at once. And it doesn't even sound realistic. Point in case is Fast Five. When Dom and Brian go over the edge with that car and fall into that lake the bad guys all get out and point their guns at them and you hear that sound I was talking about. Why wouldn't some hardened criminals like that not already have their firearms loaded and ready to go?

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Speaking of Army of Darkness and infinite rounds. I enjoyed the last scene where he uses the lever action and shoots about 40 rounds without reloading.

Latest posts

Top Bottom