1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Multiple caliber can?

Discussion in 'NFA & Class III Discussion' started by UnSafe, Jul 10, 2010.

1. UnSafe

UnSafe Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Anyone currently make a can with multiple caliber adaptability? Like from .22-.458?

Large enough to handle the gas from my .458 SOCOM and 5.56 ARs and with the adaptability to attach to a threaded Ruger MK III .22, threaded G21 or 1911 barrel.

I know the modular concept exists with multiple barrel adapters threading to the body and caliber specific muzzle end cap and baffles. Touched one over 20 years ago. Not sure if the good ol' boys at the BATFE allow us civilians to purchase/ transfer one.

2. RobC

RobC Sharpshooter

The problem is that you cannot have extra baffles or endcaps since they are all considered to be silencers in and of themselves.

Rob

3. UnSafe

UnSafe Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    OK, makes sense. I just surfed Chap 2.1.7 of the NFA manual and it mentions the parts= silencer issue. So, it looks like 2 cans it'll have to be.

Too bad, looks like I'll have to use the money that I was saving up to donate to the Democratic party....

4. MAJ MALFUNCTION

MAJ MALFUNCTION Sharpshooter

Yes and no.

There are "multicaliber" cans available (like the SWR Spectre - it covers everything from .12HMR through the FN 5.7). But there are no suppressors that will cover a range as broad as the one you have listed in your post (sorry).

Bryon