Muscle cars that you own now or past lets see them and if restoring let us know

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

B Gordon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am getting older and am having knee problems so it gives me a free pass.
Even with my knee problem I considered a manual but after test driving a 6 speed manual it was an absolute "no go".
Real sharp pain every time the clutch was depressed.
Pretty darn good to have a car rated at over 400 HP which gets 20+ mpg on the highway and everything works whenever I decide to go somewhere.

The car has been mine for less than a week and the customizing is already underway.
Ford did the trim in an odd manner.
Most of the trim is blacked out but the front & side & rear emblems are chromed.
I purchased replacement emblems that are black to match the rest of the exterior trim items.
Bought a matte black spear stripe kit for the hood humps and installed them but didn't do it right and there are bubbles.
Re-ordered the stripe kit and will have it installed by a professional this weekend when the windows are getting tinted.

The only other thing to do is paint the exhaust tips and some visible underside stuff to matte black.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ive had my turn with American hot rods. I was lucky, or maybe unlucky according to my wife, to get born into a house in San Diego with a big time car guy for a father, and I got the car bug at birth or soon after. My dad and uncle ran a body shop/service shop and a small chain of auto parts stores when they finished with the military. They played with building hot rods, T buckets, etc, and bikes on the side. I was drawing and airbrushing ratfink and flaming eyeball figures on the sides of my dads cars when I was a little kid. My uncle eventually left to build engines and bodies working with drag racers in his shop up north in Redding CA, and he even did a brief stint turning wrenches as a mechanic for Shirley Muldowney. My first car ever was a Mustang Mach 1 that I had bought when I was still in jr high school and worked on it at the shop when I wasnt working for my dad in the shop as the make ready/detailer, worked on that car for 4 years without being able to actually drive it on the street. A 43' Hudson my dad bought for me when I first got my license was supposed to be just a joke but it was really a cool ride. The Mach 1 eventually got traded for a Torino w/351 CL that got traded for a Cutlass 442, then there was a Monte Carlo, a GTO, a Firebird, a Camaro, and eventually worked my way up to a 79 Trans Am w/6.6l by my senior year. My mother bought me my K5 Blazer new for me in 87' for my HS graduation, I still have it. Sold the TransAm to fund art and mortuary schools. Drove that K5 semi-stock all over the mountains of northern CA before eventually getting into and learning about suspensions, lifts, engine/trans swaps, drivetrain, differentials, etc- and its now a beast thanx to the badazzes at Kyles 4x4 in Modesto CA who helped me with it in its current condition. It stays shacked up in Sonora CA at my other place.

After finishing school and getting starting in my own businesses I bought a Firebird, then a Camaro SS, a couple of Corvettes, then buying my very first foreign non V8 car started me on a totally new path- my very first change to a non V8 vehicle, as in inline 6s and V6s, and even an inline 4 when I bought a Triumph TR4. And my first love-hate-love introduction to turbos and superchargers, air induction, etc. Next came a Datsun 280ZX. 2 300ZXs. I had fell in love with Japanese, British and German GT cars. Got into a couple of Porsches for a bit but they were too much maintenance work so I bought my first Supra. Then another. And 3 more after that. I wasnt thru with American cars tho. Since I moved out here permanently 12 years ago I have had a couple of Z28s, an SS, 2 Mustang GTs and a Cobra, and 2 more Vettes within last 10 years. But the Japanese RWD hot rods are where Ive been at the last few years. Sold my twin turbo Supra frankenstein to fund other projects: a 350Z, an Infinity G35 n.a., now I have a G35 with turbo.

Not sure Im done with V8s and American cars yet tho, even though Im holding out to buy either a new Supra or a GT-R, those new Camaros are really catching my eye. Not interested at all in the new Mustang GTs, and even though Ive never been a big Dodge fan those Hellcats are pretty badass. I do and I dont miss that V8 rumble messing around with the inline and V6s and turbo'd 6s- but I still have my old K5 to poop around with.

Last edited:

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I am getting older and am having knee problems so it gives me a free pass.
Even with my knee problem I considered a manual but after test driving a 6 speed manual it was an absolute "no go".
Real sharp pain every time the clutch was depressed.
Pretty darn good to have a car rated at over 400 HP which gets 20+ mpg on the highway and everything works whenever I decide to go somewhere.

The car has been mine for less than a week and the customizing is already underway.
Ford did the trim in an odd manner.
Most of the trim is blacked out but the front & side & rear emblems are chromed.
I purchased replacement emblems that are black to match the rest of the exterior trim items.
Bought a matte black spear stripe kit for the hood humps and installed them but didn't do it right and there are bubbles.
Re-ordered the stripe kit and will have it installed by a professional this weekend when the windows are getting tinted.

The only other thing to do is paint the exhaust tips and some visible underside stuff to matte black.

Just hasslin' you. The new automatics are a far cry from what was around just 15-20 years ago.

DeerAssassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just bought a new car that I would call a muscle car.
Probably not too many in Oklahoma sold in the same color.
2015 Mustang GT in yellow.

Not actually my car but mine looks just like it.
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=21048&d=1424228011

It will be interesting to own a new fast car rather than having an old car that needs constant repairs to keep in top shape.
Also my first Ford product and also my first muscle car that is an automatic transmission and air conditioning and my first yellow vehicle.

Past muscle rides;
1969 Camaro SS 350
1971 El Camino 350
1972 Camaro Z28 (very rare year)
1973 Camaro Z28
1974 Plymouth Satellite Sebring Plus 440 bored and stroked to 496

Nice car for sure but that yellow (or any yellow Stang' for the past couple of decades) is just bad looking. If I was looking for one i'd be shopping for either Deep Impact Blue or Guard. Thats just me though, i'm sure you like it and thats all that matters.

Heres mine, 2014 5.0 6 Speed. One of the last ones made, and the end of the "muscle car" Mustangs.

Preacherman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is my 03 Cobra Terminator that is going to a new owner next week. Sorry for the poor quality pics.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 131
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 98

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As most of you know these cars here are made for racing and their souls require at least 2 trips down the 1/4 mile drag strip.

We need to get all the cars together some time and head to the local track for grudge night and see what they run.

Here is my finished 57 from post #11 Yes it is missing some chrome.
View attachment 46116

EhlerDave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not sure this is what most think of as a muscle car but some of you from Stillwater and Ponca City may remember it about 20 years ago. It did a fair share of street racing.

One night in Ponca I was going to run an old Camero with a big block, I just knew I could take him. I hit the gas and instantly had a hole in the block big enough to reach both hands in. My so called buddies all scattered. The first car to drive up was a city policeman. He asked if I was having problems, I said I think something may have broken. He then asked about the tire marks in the street. Now I may not be very smart but I am smart enough to deny knowledge of anything, even if they have pictures. :) I simply said I have no idea. He told me to get it out of the way and clean up the mess, oh how times have changed. LOL

1950Chevy.jpg

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As most of you know these cars here are made for racing and their souls require at least 2 trips down the 1/4 mile drag strip.

We need to get all the cars together some time and head to the local track for grudge night and see what they run.

Here is my finished 57 from post #11 Yes it is missing some chrome.
View attachment 46116

I would LOVE to do that, although it'll be a while before I can. I have the interior ripped out so I can install a wiring harness (when it gets warmer) and I need new tires as all of mine are so dry rotted they barely hold air for an hour.

Latest posts

Top Bottom