Muslims will not assimilate in the United States

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A lot of this depends on whether the Muslim is radical or not. Just as a perspective, when I was stationed in Pakistan back in the '60's, that was my first experience with the religion of Islam. One of our houseboys told me one day that he had converted to Christianity and that he feared for his life daily.

That hasn't changed much within Islam, and hasn't changed at all with the radicals. As for this woman, of course she wouldn't want to assimilate because she is a advocate of Sharia law.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The vast majority of Muslims are good people. I know several and call a few friends. Most studies I have seen tie assimilation to economic success of the country. As long as the US has a thriving economy, assimilation of immigrants should occur. Europe, where assimilation is not as successful, continues to have economic problems in many countries. European has a Muslim population of 4% and the US has a population of less than 1%. The places where assimilation seems to be a problem have higher Muslim populations and higher unemployment rates. France for example, has a Muslim population of 8% and an unemployment rate of 10%.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have come to the conclusion that if you are in any way religious, there is the distinct possibility that you are, or could become radicalized.

I've not dealt in depth with a single, solitary "devoutly religious" person, of ANY denomination, sect, cult, whatever you want to call it, who hasn't treated me like a second class citizen once they found out that rather than follow along blindly I ask questions ... and if the answers to those questions are not to my satisfaction (and "because Pastor Tom says so" is NOT an answer. Neither is "well, that's OUR interpretation of whatever Holy Book you happen to be into) I ask more questions, which, after a while tends to piss off TPTB at whatever church I happen to be attending and studying their doctrine. AND unlike a lot of people, I DO STUDY the doctrine.

Because, in the end, every religion is about faith. Faith in something you have no proof of. And if that works for you, that's fine. I've said before that if there is a God, and Man is made in his likeness, then I'm pretty sure I won't like God any more than I like most people. Because most people are NOT Mother Theresa. Far, far from it.

I find it interesting -- and rather duplicitous -- for Christians to say they are not radicalized and in the next breath call for the annihilation of Muslims. Don't get me wrong. There's not a Muslim on the planet I would trust, and I'd just as turn the Middle East into a barren wasteland -- but its a bit late for that given what is happening in Europe now. But then I don't claim to be a Christian, either.

I know ... I'm just a terrible person all the way around. But at least I own it. :coffee2:

operator742

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Should I worry? I have a family down the street that are good people and seem to want to coexist. Can you please come rid the vermin? I enjoy my freedom too much for the task.
Perfect example you believe they are good nice people,in every Muslim controlled country in the world do you know what the penalty is for being a homosexual, or how about a women caught in adultery, or how about just being a different religion,it's all the same it's death or imprisonment . Why do you think that they push so hard to have sahria law allowed in our courts. Example In November 2010, voters in Oklahoma voted overwhelmingly to approve a ballot measure to amend the state constitution to ban sharia from state courts.[8][9] The law was then updated to include all foreign or religious laws.[10] The law was challenged by an official of the Council on American-Islamic Relations. In November 2010 a federal judge ruled the law to be unconstitutional and blocked the state from putting it into effect.[11][not in citation given][12] The court found the ban had the potential to do harm to Muslims. The invalidation of a Will and testament using sharia instructions was an example.[13] That ruling and injunction were upheld by the Tenth Circuit Court of Appealson January 10, 2012.[14].
Women that want equal rights,and st the same time support Muslim immigration how no clue about what they are wanting, in the Muslim world women have no rights,must are not even allowed to receive a education. The hijackers on 9/11 didn't hijack planes and fly across the world to attack. They were living here and training here,they were someone's neighbor,they were some restaurant customer they blended in perfectly. So know I don't want them here.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Islam is a plague. Nothing ends good when they are involved. They don't belong in our society any more than communists or Nazis. The religion is pure evil

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have come to the conclusion that if you are in any way religious, there is the distinct possibility that you are, or could become radicalized.

I've not dealt in depth with a single, solitary "devoutly religious" person, of ANY denomination, sect, cult, whatever you want to call it, who hasn't treated me like a second class citizen once they found out that rather than follow along blindly I ask questions ... and if the answers to those questions are not to my satisfaction (and "because Pastor Tom says so" is NOT an answer. Neither is "well, that's OUR interpretation of whatever Holy Book you happen to be into) I ask more questions, which, after a while tends to piss off TPTB at whatever church I happen to be attending and studying their doctrine. AND unlike a lot of people, I DO STUDY the doctrine.

Because, in the end, every religion is about faith. Faith in something you have no proof of. And if that works for you, that's fine. I've said before that if there is a God, and Man is made in his likeness, then I'm pretty sure I won't like God any more than I like most people. Because most people are NOT Mother Theresa. Far, far from it.

I find it interesting -- and rather duplicitous -- for Christians to say they are not radicalized and in the next breath call for the annihilation of Muslims. Don't get me wrong. There's not a Muslim on the planet I would trust, and I'd just as turn the Middle East into a barren wasteland -- but its a bit late for that given what is happening in Europe now. But then I don't claim to be a Christian, either.

I know ... I'm just a terrible person all the way around. But at least I own it. :coffee2:

Just out of curiosity, am I included within that group that you've dealt with?

Rooster1971

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Perfect example you believe they are good nice people,in every Muslim controlled country in the world do you know what the penalty is for being a homosexual, or how about a women caught in adultery, or how about just being a different religion,it's all the same it's death or imprisonment . Why do you think that they push so hard to have sahria law allowed in our courts. Example In November 2010, voters in Oklahoma voted overwhelmingly to approve a ballot measure to amend the state constitution to ban sharia from state courts.[8][9] The law was then updated to include all foreign or religious laws.[10] The law was challenged by an official of the Council on American-Islamic Relations. In November 2010 a federal judge ruled the law to be unconstitutional and blocked the state from putting it into effect.[11][not in citation given][12] The court found the ban had the potential to do harm to Muslims. The invalidation of a Will and testament using sharia instructions was an example.[13] That ruling and injunction were upheld by the Tenth Circuit Court of Appealson January 10, 2012.[14].
Women that want equal rights,and st the same time support Muslim immigration how no clue about what they are wanting, in the Muslim world women have no rights,must are not even allowed to receive a education. The hijackers on 9/11 didn't hijack planes and fly across the world to attack. They were living here and training here,they were someone's neighbor,they were some restaurant customer they blended in perfectly. So know I don't want them here.

I try and look for the good in everyone. It's hard to paint every color, creed and religion with a such a broad brush.

I'm not a pacifist. I'll kill anyone that wants to harm me or my family, or I'll die trying.

I just don't want to live life scared of boogeyman

Latest posts

Top Bottom