Must have got on a new list

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have my phone set up the same, but I generally forget to turn it off and end up having to call important people back. :anyone:
I did have to apologize to a couple of recruiters over the summer, but they have all been incredibly understanding. I get their direct line and add them to my contacts so there are no further issues. I also have a list of family members and my team in WY that will ring through even if my phone is set on Do Not Disturb.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some robo calls are auto dial, just searching for working numbers. When you answer or voice mail picks up, they hang up and mark it as a good number.

Telemarketers buy lists of working numbers.

I would rarely get a telemarketing call, because I never answered a call without ID.

Due to Wif having so many Dr appointments, I HAD to answer every call. My robot calls and telemarketing are now up to 10 a day.

Being shut in, from Fauci biohazard, the Telemarketers have become my entertainment. 45 mins is my record for keeping one tied up.

Camo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had this out in my shop left over from a graduation. Telemarketers love getting blasted in the ears. I was getting about 7 to 10 a day and after using this three or four times all calls have stopped

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got a call today, they wanted to reduce or eliminate debt according to the salacious voiced "Sara." I hit 1 and went straight to "Sam" who had an east Indian accent. He explained he was from Visa, MasterCard sand American Express and I had responded to the debt elimination call. He asked me how much debt I had, I told him $3,400 (I lied of course). He said to verify my info he needed my card number. I told him I need to verify that you know my name. After a moment of silence he came back and said he needed a 1st name, last name, Soc. Security Number, Mother's maiden name and Card number to verify my information, I asked him if he could verify at least my first name, he said I need that to verify your info. I said, okay I can give you that but I need your name, mothers maiden name, social security and card number then I will give you my info. Sam said "That's not the way this works!" I said can you at least give me your name, he said Sam again again and I said "Okay, Sam I hope you die in a fiery auto crash, _uck you, you foriegn piece of _hit scammer, I hope you go to he!! after you die! He started cussing back at me and I hung up.

I figure if I waste their time it saves someone else. Also it felt really good to know I pissed him off.

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got a call today, they wanted to reduce or eliminate debt according to the salacious voiced "Sara." I hit 1 and went straight to "Sam" who had an east Indian accent. He explained he was from Visa, MasterCard sand American Express and I had responded to the debt elimination call. He asked me how much debt I had, I told him $3,400 (I lied of course). He said to verify my info he needed my card number. I told him I need to verify that you know my name. After a moment of silence he came back and said he needed a 1st name, last name, Soc. Security Number, Mother's maiden name and Card number to verify my information, I asked him if he could verify at least my first name, he said I need that to verify your info. I said, okay I can give you that but I need your name, mothers maiden name, social security and card number then I will give you my info. Sam said "That's not the way this works!" I said can you at least give me your name, he said Sam again again and I said "Okay, Sam I hope you die in a fiery auto crash, _uck you, you foriegn piece of _hit scammer, I hope you go to he!! after you die! He started cussing back at me and I hung up.

I figure if I waste their time it saves someone else. Also it felt really good to know I pissed him off.
Hahaha, I had one several years ago that kept calling my dad. I had my dad see if it was the same number every time and he confirmed it was. I called the number and the guy answered. I gave him a basic run down of the fundamental steps of running a scam and that it is normally not very professional to make your actual number available to the target.

I guess he didn't care for my suggestions and he got pretty heated and started telling me he was going to come to my house and burn it down. I asked him if he needed money to get there from Atlanta because I would gladly meet him out front when he landed. He hung up on me.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
To be clear, none of these are telemarketing calls, they're telescamming calls. If someone's product is any good, they use a real number, not a spoofed number. The call I took today said "Merril Lynch" on the ID.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Asking if they prefer having relations is better with a camel or goat, usually gets them past the past the boiling point and hanging up.

The last one called me a sick, racist azzh***e. I said, according to my survey, his people preferred camels 3 to 1.
I hope he broke his phone, from how it slammed down.

Latest posts

Top Bottom