Muzzleloader "Duplex" loads

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coltcombat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm new to ML. (this is my first season).

But...would a little less powder be recommended for this. I generally shoot
(2) 50gr pellets.

Also have loose powder, which I'm sure would be better for this load.

ElkStalkR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nat
You had better get on it and get to looking. Try Natchez.com. They would sell them to you on line and ship them to the house.

BTW, there are still MFG out there that will sell you one.
Get your wallet out though.

Sold out at Natchez. Thats one of the first places I looked. I'm tellin ya, they were sold out at all the places I checked on the net. Ran google search and everything. Probably your best chance of finding one now is a local mom & pop gun shop that still has a dusty one sitting on the shelf.

If you want an affordable smokeless muzzleloader. This: www.smokelessmuzzleloading.com is about your only choice now.

These guys will build you a smokeless barrel for your single shot H&R or NEF shotgun for $350. Add $100 for the shotgun and you can have a smokeless for right around $500. My wife shoots one of their guns and loves it. They shoot just as well as the Savage.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Theres 3 savages on gunbroker but they are starting at $600 & $650 for synthetic stock and 1 for $715.99 in laminated stock

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Theres 3 savages on gunbroker but they are starting at $600 & $650 for synthetic stock and 1 for $715.99 in laminated stock

I gave almost 6 bills for my stainless laminated stock many years ago, and it was a bargain at the time.
It was a special custom deal.

All the things being said about the Savage company quitting the business, do have a benefit. Other companies (small custom) companies are building barrels and breach plugs for smokeless MZ's.
Some are building them for centerfire rifles, to convert to legal MZ's

Buzzgun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just don't forget:

DEER Muzzleloader (Primitive Firearms)
Legal Means of Taking

Muzzleloading rifles, shotguns or pistols: .40 caliber or larger rifle or pistol, or 20-gauge or larger shotgun, firing a single slug or ball that is loaded from the muzzle.

I don't think using a .357 cal projectile is legal for deer. Too bad, because the Hornady 35 caliber 180 grain single shot pistol bullet should be perfect for deer at muzzleloader velocity.

Latest posts

Top Bottom