My 8 y.o. son's first shots...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alank2

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Well, with a pellet gun. I've been wanting to take my son to the range lately because I think he is ready to start practice some shooting, but it has been so hot out lately. I know there are indoor ranges, but I'd rather him be at an outdoor range with few if any others for the first time he shoots. Then it occurred to me that I've got a Beeman pellet pistol from many years back and we could do a little practice in the garage! I built up a backstop of phone books and we got to it!

Here is his first target:

[Broken External Image]

He is too hard on himself and was disappointed that he didn't get bullseye hits. For his first group I think he did great. Way back when I was 17, my first shot hit the ground half way between me and the target I jerked the trigger so bad!

Thanks,

Alan

orangeRcode

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good job. Nothing like plinking away with your boy.

My son is now 9 but we started with the Crossman pump bb/pellet gun I had from my childhood about 2 years ago. It was good hand's on experience and fun. We had already been over gun safety when he took his hunter's safety course at Sportsmans last summer.

M

milsurp

This is why I love Aguila .22 super colibri.

AMM-066.jpg

i360.photobucket.com_albums_oo46_Falconfansince80_resize_image_39851626.jpg

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yea!!! Back when I worked at the range watching folks come in with their little ones was my absolute favorite part of my job!! There is NOTHING like seeing a kid's face light up when they get to shoot!

Latest posts

Top Bottom