My Aching Back

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EhlerDave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh man the dreaded back is a nasty thing to deal with. I feel for you.

I hurt my back and neck and the ripe old age of 22, now soon to be 51 it still jacks with me at the worst times.

I hope you find a way to get some comfort.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i don't gobble them like candy. i cut the 15's in half and only use when absolutely necessary. i re-injured myself about 5 weeks ago, so far i've used exactly 3 of the 15's. i take 1/2 when absolutely needed, makes me feel better for a few days, the muscles turn loose and stop the spasms. only when i can no longer stand up straight and have to walk bent forward from the waist a few degrees,,,it's time

Have you tried Voltaren gel or Flector patches? Both are prescription only. I've had some good benefits from both.

amcardon

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you go the inversion table route, 45 degrees for no more than 3 minutes the first couple times. I'm a chiropractor, happy to answer any questions you might have. Good luck brother!

kennedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some are quacks, like any other profession but this one is not. I have seen people come in with walkers or wheelchairs and weeks later they walked in. I've experienced lower back issues all my life and when I feel it tweeking, I go right in and he brings relief.
Names Dwayne Hanson (Hanson chiropractic) Google it for address there in Edmond. He's not expensive either. $25 bucks each time I walk in.

I agree with this statement. I use Active Care Chiropractic on Bryant and Memorial in Edmond. They are amazing. The provide traction, tens, acupuncture (both electronic and needle), massage and chair massage.

I have had 3 spinal surgeries over the last 10 years and I function great. No decreased mobility and the pain is gone except for those nasty rainy days when all my joints seem to act up. If surgery becomes a plan, I can recommend Dr. Michael Hahn at Mercy's Neuroscience Center. He has done all 3 of mine and they made the difference. I had two discectomies on my L4/L5 and my L5/S1 and then I had an artificial disc put in my neck. I've been through it with my spine and if I didn't tell you I have had surgery or back issues, you would never be able to tell.

Something you can try is fresh out of a shower, use Biofreeze on your back and lay of the floor. The combination of the two has worked wonders for me.

If I can help any further, let me know

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I cannot recommend Stuart Smith and his team highly enough. They literally gave me my life back.

He is insanely busy, so it may take a month to get your first appointment. Even after we decided surgery was necessary the soonest they could book that was 90 days out but it gave me time to do Pre-therapy, so that was good. I believe it helped me recover quicker than I would have without it.

You will meet his PAs (who also assist him in surgery, so they know what they are talking about). I didn't meet Dr. Stuart the day of the surgery, which was kinda weird to me but he knew more about my neck and problems than any other doctor I had seen up to that point, so I KNOW he read my chart and looked at my MRIs.

If he is in your provider network make an appointment. You will not be sorry.

One more thing, when I saw Brent for the first time, I had a thousand questions written down. He did not rush me through them and answered every single one of them, showing me where on my MRI where my question pertained to and why or why not my question was important to my particular situation. He did say to me, at the end of our session "I know you are worried and scared. After what you've been through with doctors I can't say I wouldn't be just like you. BUT if I didn't think surgery would help you, I wouldn't recommend it. Honestly, I believe we can change your life."

He was right. I will be forever grateful to him, Gavin, and Dr. Smith for the time they took with me. I have no doubt all their patients receive the same attention and care I did.

Latest posts

Top Bottom