My Armslist Scam "Close Call" Story

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reddog1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've used armslist numerous times without any problems, but there was one time that sticks in my head. I was only selling a box of ammo and at first the guy seemed fine. It wasn't until we finished our transaction, then he just went off on some weird tin foil hat conspiracy rant about the government while shaking, kinda freaked me out. I have on occasion turned down offers, just because of the way the people act making the deal in the first place.

My son got me started using the Facebook groups for buying and trading all sorts of things, just seems a little more personal, if you can put a name, face, and some friends to someone.

Sorry man, I did not mean to freak you out!!

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just wait till you get a $2400 check for a winch you are selling for $700. Oh and the check is from a gems dealer in Florida and mailed from an Indiana address.

This scanner wanted the balance to be returned to the guy who would contact me to ship the winch and cash to.

I think I posted about this a couple of years back. Typical scammers.

Latest posts

Top Bottom