My Avatar History

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oldman62

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thought you might like a picture and some history of this firearm.

It was Grandmothers for on their farm when she went to gather the eggs. She carried it in her apron pocket. From the story I have been told it was bought from the Sears and Roebuck catalog. She lived in Oklahoma and then moved to California where she passed away at I believe 92 years old. She was sure a feisty little gal as I remember growing up.

Series
322000 - 336000
Year of Manufacture

Model

M1908 HAMMERLESS (.25 AUTOMATIC
Colt25-1.JPG Colt25-2.JPG

Oldman62

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Very cool. Is it yours now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks, Yes I have had it for several years, it functions as if it was new. I have shot it and now its just a safe queen only comes out to clean and bring back lots of memories. Will be my sons someday, but hopefully not to soon.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks, Yes I have had it for several years, it functions as if it was new. I have shot it and now its just a safe queen only comes out to clean and bring back lots of memories. Will be my sons someday, but hopefully not to soon.

Well that’s just cool as it can be!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
COOL with all CAPTIALS. My great GrandPa was the first white man to pitch a tent in Castle Ok. We have somewhere around 8 letters from the Cowboy Hall a Fame wanting his gun. One of the family members stole the gun. Whats sad is, if it's who I think it is. He was the one who was going to get it.

Last edited:

Oldman62

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
COOL with all CAPTIALS. My great GrandPa was the first white man to pitch a tent in Castle Ok. We have somewhere around 8 letters from the Cowboy Hall a Fame. One of the family members stole the gun. Whats sad is, if it's who I think it is. He was the one who was going to get it.
Thats some cool family history to know.

Latest posts

Top Bottom