My first Glock

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My carry and HD guns are a G-23 and G-27.

Glad to see you started totin' a Glock instead of them boat anchors you was a totin'.

Now don't get me wrong, I love 3rd gen S&W autos as much as you, I just hate to carry the damned thangs!

My body thanks me for choosing the Glock for daily carry.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Glad to see you started totin' a Glock instead of them boat anchors you was a totin'.

Now don't get me wrong, I love 3rd gen S&W autos as much as you, I just hate to carry the damned thangs!

My body thanks me for choosing the Glock for daily carry.

The only "Boat Anchor's" I still carry is my SW640ND, and to me is the perfect an 100% reliable BUG out there. My other's have been traded off, or sold except for my Walther's, Colt's, Beretta's, and a couple of all steel HK's. Don't worry, all my revolvers are still here.

GunSlingingPlatypus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The G21 is a great handgun. I've owned one in the past. If you don't want to invest in reloading I would recommend the Freedom Munitions brass exchange program. You send them back your spent brass (any caliber they sell) and they credit your order. My last 1,000 rounds of 9mm only cost me $60.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The G21 is a great handgun. I've owned one in the past. If you don't want to invest in reloading I would recommend the Freedom Munitions brass exchange program. You send them back your spent brass (any caliber they sell) and they credit your order. My last 1,000 rounds of 9mm only cost me $60.

This. Freedom Munitions is GTG. I like getting my ammo cheaply and quickly!

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I really started getting into guns about 8 years ago, and since then I've owned and shot a wide variety of pistols. For some reason I never had the urge to try out a Glock, and had never shot one until today. The only "safe-action" trigger I'd felt was on a S&W Sigma, which was absolutely awful.

Last week I got a wild hair that I needed a .45 with more than just single stack capacity, so I went to Gunbroker just to look around. About 30 minutes later I found what looked like a good deal on a G21 Gen 3, and about 2 hours ago I picked it up from my FFL. It's a police trade-in with functional night sights and 3 magazines, and altogether it cost me $485. Although it hadn't been cleaned in a while, it looks brand new. So far so good, but I was curious as to how it would do on the range.

As soon as I got it home, I went out in the pasture and set up two 6" steel plates. They were about 20 feet apart, and I was standing 10 yards away. The first shot was dead center, and I couldn't believe the trigger! I rattled off the next 13 shots, alternating between targets, and had 3 misses. I was shooting pretty rapidly, and the plates were swinging pretty good after the first few rounds, so I was pretty happy going 10 for 13. I blew through 40 rounds in about 5 minutes, and could not believe how soft shooting and accurate the G21 is.

Guess I'd better pick up a little more overtime, because I can definitely see at least a G19 in my future. I'll post up some pics later.
k
Ahhh...another one discovers the magic mojo of the Glock pistola! Congratulations. The Glock 21 is a big ole lead slinger alright, and a good one. But the Glock 19 is the best all-around pistol I have ever fondled, shot, and owned. Mine is by my side now. Me likey.

Pokem807

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
k
Ahhh...another one discovers the magic mojo of the Glock pistola! Congratulations. The Glock 21 is a big ole lead slinger alright, and a good one. But the Glock 19 is the best all-around pistol I have ever fondled, shot, and owned. Mine is by my side now. Me likey.

I just can't believe it took me this long to figure it out. For some reason I always imagined a glock trigger would be comparable to a decent DA trigger. Between that wrong impression and the general butt-ugliness, I always turned my nose up at the glocks. Hate to say it, but the CZ-75 may not be my "go to" pistol for much longer.

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just can't believe it took me this long to figure it out. For some reason I always imagined a glock trigger would be comparable to a decent DA trigger. Between that wrong impression and the general butt-ugliness, I always turned my nose up at the glocks. Hate to say it, but the CZ-75 may not be my "go to" pistol for much longer.

I've had both a full size and the compact CZ 75... While a nice gun; it just doesn't work as well for ccw as the butt ugly Glock-for me anyway. The CZs were good range guns but I'm thinking my Glock 19 is just as good for that too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom