My first Glock

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aestus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you think the Glock is fun... wait till you try the new HK VP9. It's like they perfected the Glock, added ergo grips and upgraded the trigger to a crisper, cleaner, less "springy" 5lbs break.

Peterosegunner

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
My first glock was a 19 gen 1 I still have it. It is an awesome gun since then I have updated to the gen 3 and added a 22,23,27,26,17,36,30,and 21. They are great guns, simple but really awesome.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a g19 Gen 4 and love it. Wouldn't want anything else. All I did was add night sights and a ghost trigger connector. Shoots great and I have never had any fte, ftf or any other malfunction. Don't know why there are people that hate these. I don't see a reason why. And I don't buy firearms for their looks. Enjoy. Is the looks of a gun going to make a difference in a firefight?

Pokem807

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm still debating whether to go with the G19 or G17. What are the pros/cons of Gen 3 vs. Gen 4? I love the Gen 3 trigger, at least this one, and have read that the Gen 4 trigger isn't as good.

I'm rapidly changing my opinion of my Glock's looks from "butt-ugly" to "sexy as hell in a utilitarian kind of way".

UnSafe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just got back from taking out the G21 and my SR1911 CMD. The 1911 has probably less than 500 rounds through it (I bought it used), and the trigger is still smoothing out. That said, I've put thousands of rounds down range with various 1911s, and am pretty comfortable with them. For whatever reason, although I shot one for the first time yesterday, I'm just a better shot with the Glock. I was alternating between 2 steel plates and got to the point where it didn't feel like I was aiming. I just oriented the Glock toward the steel and heard a boom-clang.

I think that the grip angle forces me to cock my wrist forward a little more, which effectively strengthens my grip and makes it easier to control follow-up shots. It also seems to align the sights much more naturally. The trigger is just perfect. I don't know why and I'm not going to tempt fate by trying to figure it out.

The only problem I have is manipulating the slide stop and mag release. I can barely do so without altering my grip, and it's really a stretch. I'm thinking about installing some of the Vicker's upgrades, if they make them for Gen 3 G21s. Any pros or cons to doing this that I should know about?

Check out the Glock factory extended slide stop/ release, just has a pronounced nub on the thumb pad. Inexpensive and doesn't tend to snag. Extended mag release- There's many out there, but be careful, They have the potential to get bumped and turn your pistol into a single shot.

Another feature that's great about having a G21 is that if you reload and get the rare off spec round or batch that won't chamber in your 1911s, they'll likely run fine in the looser Glock chamber. Saves knocking out or pulling rounds.

Spata

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
img.photobucket.com_albums_v232_ZW17_howaglockworks.gif

Pharr Shot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was gonna get a G21 but since I got my hands on a G20, I don't think that'll be going anywhere any time soon.
Congrats tho on your new pistol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom