My injuries and future service dog

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BallisticGuy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As a lot of you know I was severely injured in Afghanistan on September 15th of 2011. It has been hard for me to admit that things have not been going well. I'm on a few different waiting list for a service dog for my injuries, It really seems impossible as it has been almost 3yrs. I've come up with excuses for why I've been selling things on the forum, basically I'm getting out of firearms as I'm just not capable of going to matches and not having problems due to my injuries. My wife has set up an account to help with the purchase and training for a service dog, I'll post a link if anyone could help or would like to visit to understand more.

I really thank the members that have helped me over the last few years, And the members that where there to help that just happened to be in Germany while I was in the hospital.

http://www.gofundme.com/cy2q8o
Thanks OSA!

BallisticGuy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can't thank everyone enough! After training has been completed in the coming months I would like to meet up, or at least send pictures of my new companion to everyone that has been here for support and helped me along the way. I haven't been doing well meeting new people, keeping up with family/friends, and work has even been a rough road. It can only get better as the days go on!

Last edited:

Buddhaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you haven't checked with New Leash on Life check them out http://newleashinc.org/ My wife works with them and has our 3 dogs trained to be therapy dogs for hospitals, hospice visits, and other events. They do service dog certification and work with breeders for acquiring the dogs and training.

BrandonM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I passed your info on to my cousin James who started a non-profit called Wounded Veterans of Oklahoma. Hopefully he can be of assistance. I'll be praying for you man.

Latest posts

Top Bottom