My last RK show

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I still enjoy going to some of the shows. Sure, most prices have gotten crazy, but there are also, almost always, some good dealers/vendors with good prices, hard to find items,or just plain unusual items. A couple of those good sellers are OSA members. I usually leave without buying anything, but not always.

Admission prices have gone up, but $13 or $15 isn’t a bad way to spend some time.

I suspect that most here spend that kind of cash for a snack, etc. several times a month.

And for all you Walmart haters, I have not been to a show yet that has self-checkout!

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't understand the hate on gun shows, at the very least you are around like minded people and you get the look at eye candy. There are probably very few people that is tight as I am about spending money and I have never once went to a gun show and not found a deal on something I wanted.
Gun shows are no different than your gun stores about pricing, both have overhead.
Venders have to payfor their tables, they have to pay for their time and their gas and finding the guns that you want to look at or buy.
Tables on average are $50 each, the big show in Tulsa is $200 a table. I agree on the cost to get in, but where else can you go for $14.00 and spend a couple of hours looking at all sorts of guns and maybe finding that one you want to take home. All you guys bitching about gun shows I bet would ***** if you got hung with a new rope.lol

Steelers Fan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I see the ridiculous prices and kindly, tactfully and somewhat subliminally (for those a little slower) comment to the vendors, "You must be here for the show!" it's not necessary to include "not for the sale."

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I see the ridiculous prices and kindly, tactfully and somewhat subliminally (for those a little slower) comment to the vendors, "You must be here for the show!" it's not necessary to include "not for the sale."
I had a friend when someone would quote him a ridiculous high price, he would always come back and say So it's not for sale, why didn't you just say so. I'm not saying some of the people out there are not complete idiots.They are, but just go out and enjoy yourselves.And if you find something that's just icing on the cake

Latest posts

Top Bottom