My last RK show

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It is really hard to understand some of the thoughts about gun shows. So, prices have gone up, some vendors, like some brick & mortar vendors, have their prices too high for the market, but there are good buys if you look, and maybe talk nicely to the vendors. Yes, there are usually a couple of candle vendors, NRA table, Marine Corp league table, etc , but just walk on by like you would do in any other store.

There are always firearms that I would never buy, even if priced properly, but I enjoy looking at them

And it’s always a nice break from the day to day things I would otherwise be doing

It’s almost like we just have to find something to complain about

sherrick13

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Meh, gunshow were never supposed to be for the primary market. They are for the secondary market and they are still good for that.

I never would expect to get internet prices for new guns and ammo at a gun show.

I have been going to the Tulsa show at least once per year for the last 20 years. Only once have I left empty handed.

madokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
gun shows are for finding things , you cant get online..mostly used or old or for getting "things" off the books,,,, for new things,yes online or at a local store is cheaper,, and we need to support the few local stores we have..

GorillaG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My wife and I met up with another couple yesterday in Elk City, the girls went to a plant swap while him and I went to the little G&S gunshow in town. Less than $10 to get in, and saw some decent prices on the few things that I pay attention to. Also saw some crazy prices, as usual.

Lots of ammo, scopes, etc but not many parts or reloading supplies. I was tempted by a S&W 4" model 18, but kept my money, even though the price was average to a bit better than I've been seeing them other places. My buddy brought a Springfield XD 40 cal to try to trade off, and you would've thought he was trying to hand those guys a flaming turd as soon as he said it was a 40 cal 🤣! They jerked their hands back so fast LOL. I told him the 40's just don't seem to sell very well nowadays.
Yeah 40's are pretty much poison but because of that you can get some damn good deals on em. I watched a Paul Harrel vid where he did a head to head 9mm vs .40 and he rated the .40 higher but then again he is a highly experienced shooter with a vast history of handling about every caliber out there. My cousin has a couple and really likes them but he is a guy that values a bargain above most any other factor (he's a legendary cheapskate) I told him personally I wouldn't want one but I wouldn't wanna get shot by one either.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It is really hard to understand some of the thoughts about gun shows. So, prices have gone up, some vendors, like some brick & mortar vendors, have their prices too high for the market, but there are good buys if you look, and maybe talk nicely to the vendors. Yes, there are usually a couple of candle vendors, NRA table, Marine Corp league table, etc , but just walk on by like you would do in any other store.

There are always firearms that I would never buy, even if priced properly, but I enjoy looking at them

And it’s always a nice break from the day to day things I would otherwise be doing

It’s almost like we just have to find something to complain about

Shows have ALWAYS had "dealers" with ridiculous prices. There seems to more of said "dealers", to the point of vast majority. Regardless, bargains still exist and I love finding them.

The 'occasional' candle, jerky, political, etc. table doesn't me. Most I walk by, some I stop and talk. Not a big deal, until the non-gun tables outnumber the gun related tables.

The looking at, talking about, and bargain finding, besides getting out of the house; is the reason to go.

My ONLY complaint is the door charge. Having an admission fee does keep most riffraff out. Excessive admission fee keeps people out.

Wif has wandered many shows with me. The $5 - $6 admission was no big deal, we spent some time, she cruised the candle, craft, salsa and jerky tables, made purchase and we enjoyed our day.
$12 admission and she stays home or goes elsewhere.
Excessive admission fees are where I draw the line. Very seldom have I not found a good deal. Very few times have I not bought something. Paying to go look and MAYBE finding something, not if the admission is too high. Not complaining, stating facts.

Last edited:

madokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah 40's are pretty much poison but because of that you can get some damn good deals on em. I watched a Paul Harrel vid where he did a head to head 9mm vs .40 and he rated the .40 higher but then again he is a highly experienced shooter with a vast history of handling about every caliber out there. My cousin has a couple and really likes them but he is a guy that values a bargain above most any other factor (he's a legendary cheapskate) I told him personally I wouldn't want one but I wouldn't wanna get shot by one either.
i have read numerous posts online from cops saying the 40 is way better than the 9 if you have to shoot a dog..

Latest posts

Top Bottom