My new carry gun arrived

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Really nice looking, Like how the grip has just a little light color to give the piece a little pop with out being over stated!! Definitely coveting right now LOL

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
View attachment 112684 Finally got the kimber k6s DC 357 mag today. So far I like holding it and I like the feel of it pressed against my hip when it's tucked in my waistline. I've been carrying a full size 1911 for a while so this is definitely an improvement as far as comfort. I have carried the shield that I won (some of y'all know how that happened) and I like how thin and concealable it is. This k6s was already ordered when I got the call about winning a m&p shield. Not sure what I will do with the shield now. It doesn't eat. Maybe give it to the daughters. I'm not really a 9mm guy. I ordered the DC (deep cover) cuz I figured it would be a lil more unnoticed if jacket comes up or whatever. Not that I worry bout someone knowing necessarily but the fewer people that know I'm carrying the better as far as I care. Anyhow, this is DLC (diamond like coating) coated from what I read. It's suppose to be more scratch resistant. Not sure bout that cuz it hasn't taken many rotations to get a cylinder lock line. Also have the night sights so I can really see the sights well when I'm wanting to make a precise shot on one of those crafty nighttime perps.

I hate you. Guess I need to get mine coated. Looking for someone to do porting too.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have never held one, however that gun looks awesome! It looks like a great carry gun. What does it feel like when shooting .357?

.38sp is nice and easy. I've put some Fiochi 158gr and some Underwood .357 140gr penetrator through mine.....the Fiochi wasn't bad but with the Underwood I was done after 3 cylinders.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
IMG_1378.JPG
IMG_1379.JPG
Okay I've owned it a few hours. Now, I can start picking it apart. I always try to really love a new purchase for a little while before accepting the fact that nothing is perfect. My first issue I've found this far, the grip screw is too long. Exposed threads are wasted threads. I bet I can find a shorter screw. Why would Kimber do such a nice job recessing the head side of the screw and then use too long of screw. Yes you can feel it if you squeeze real tight with a little palm fat in just the right spot.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
View attachment 112706 View attachment 112707 Okay I've owned it a few hours. Now, I can start picking it apart. I always try to really love a new purchase for a little while before accepting the fact that nothing is perfect. My first issue I've found this far, the grip screw is too long. Exposed threads are wasted threads. I bet I can find a shorter screw. Why would Kimber do such a nice job recessing the head side of the screw and then use too long of screw. Yes you can feel it if you squeeze real tight with a little palm fat in just the right spot.

Surely that was just an oddball screw in the box!!! But while your replacing the screw get some blackout on the brass inserts LOL.

Latest posts

Top Bottom