My new carry gun arrived

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
View attachment 112706 View attachment 112707 Okay I've owned it a few hours. Now, I can start picking it apart. I always try to really love a new purchase for a little while before accepting the fact that nothing is perfect. My first issue I've found this far, the grip screw is too long. Exposed threads are wasted threads. I bet I can find a shorter screw. Why would Kimber do such a nice job recessing the head side of the screw and then use too long of screw. Yes you can feel it if you squeeze real tight with a little palm fat in just the right spot.
Spoke to Kimber about this today. Fella said this is how they leave the factory. The end of the screw should be just below flush with the grips he said. I told him I didn't really love this and I would probably find a screw an 1/8-3/16" shorter. He said he understood my complaint and thanked me for my business. Im surprised Kimber let this leave their factory. With all the other fit and finish of the k6s one would think they'd use a little shorter screw that hid a lil more. Anyhow it's not the end of the world and I can fix this. Anyone else who buys one needs to be prepared for this ugly screw that you feel just a little in your gripped hand. Went ahead and burnt another 6rds out of er while I was fitzen a standpipe at one of our ponds today. Still very impressed with how accurately I shoot this lil booger.

Free Trapper

Repeat Offender
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
sawnoffdb.jpg

Well, it is a little more concealable than my CC gun.....

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm surprised they dont use a dome type nut on the thread side so its totally hidden. Would look awesome with one...you could black it out and it would just disappear. Lots of options there!
Hmmmmm...... I just may have exactly what I need out in the leather shop. If it works to my satisfaction you'll be the first to know.

Latest posts

Top Bottom